Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "The Fan"

Thanks

Default "The Fan"

I just spoke with someone who claims he spoke to "the fan" that Roger spit on during the infamous Montreal spitting incident show. Now, I've known for years that people have tried to find this "fan" and have failed. I was quite surprised to see the "fan" identified. His name supposedly is Claude Goutheir. According to this person's story, he spoke to Claude for an hour discussing the incident. He tried to trip him up but apparently Claude passed the smell test. According to Claude, he kept yelling at the stage to play money which got Roger angry and upset. Not sure if I believe this, because this is the first time in 40 years that I've seen "the fan" identified. Thoughts? Possibly true? Complete nonsense?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,358 Times in 72 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steelbreeze View Post
    I just spoke with someone who claims he spoke to "the fan" that Roger spit on during the infamous Montreal spitting incident show. Now, I've known for years that people have tried to find this "fan" and have failed. I was quite surprised to see the "fan" identified. His name supposedly is Claude Goutheir. According to this person's story, he spoke to Claude for an hour discussing the incident. He tried to trip him up but apparently Claude passed the smell test. According to Claude, he kept yelling at the stage to play money which got Roger angry and upset. Not sure if I believe this, because this is the first time in 40 years that I've seen "the fan" identified. Thoughts? Possibly true? Complete nonsense?
    Gauthier? Probably not Goutheir. Extremely common name. Would be hard to find!
    --
    Regards,
    Phil

Thanks

My bad. Correct spelling is Gouthier.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Steelbreeze View Post
    You know, I'm into extremely deep Floyd theories, and I'm half-doubting the story honestly. But, I've heard a name similar to "Claude Goutheir" before...I just don't know how/where.
    Concerts:

Roger Waters - Philadelphia, 2017.

Ozzy Osbourne - Camden, NJ, 2018.

Thanks

I knew someone with the surname Gouthier (not the more common Gauthier) long ago, so it's definitely out there. They were living in the Northeastern US too, so within spitting distance (!!) of Canada and Montréal.

Thanks

Show me the ticket stub. One would think it would have been hard to get to the front rows without a ticket to admit you there.
    Floyd First Since 1978

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Swirling Panpot View Post
    Show me the ticket stub. One would think it would have been hard to get to the front rows without a ticket to admit you there.
    I agree. If OP can get a picture of the guys ticket stub, then this guy is most likely confirmed Spit Victim, or very well saw it.
    Concerts:

Roger Waters - Philadelphia, 2017.

Ozzy Osbourne - Camden, NJ, 2018.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,041 Times in 42 Posts

Swab his face for Roger's DNA, then we have our man!
    "I don't know; I was really drunk at the time." - Henry McCullough

Thanks

Stub wont help. I know two people well that were there and it was A. General Admission on the floor and B. Apparently people in the stands poured on to the floor to get closer.

Cool story none the less.

Thanks

This thread is so silly, including the suggestions to check his ticket stub.
    Last edited by Roscoe59; 2020-10-02 at 04:13 PM.