Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Roger Waters Berlin 90 Australian Broadcast

Thanks
    Thanked 47,343 Times in 1,314 Posts

I think it's simple understand the difference from an audience recording (audio and video) and from an official and why an audience recording is allowed if it's from the same date of official recording.

About Italian Broadcast, I share for storichal purpose, not allowed remaster audio and video from it, I'll remove all.

Pink Floyd Audio and Video
    Roger Waters Audio and Video
    David Gilmour Audio and Video
    Syd Barrett Audio and Video
    Nick Mason Audio and Video
    Richard Wright Audio and Video

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nipote View Post
    I think it's simple understand the difference from an audience recording (audio and video) and from an official and why an audience recording is allowed if it's from the same date of official recording.

About Italian Broadcast, I share for storichal purpose, not allowed remaster audio and video from it, I'll remove all.
    If they weren't allowed, all of the Earl's Court 1980 shows wouldn't be on here lmao (except for 8/4-8/6)
    Concerts:

Roger Waters - Philadelphia, 2017.

Ozzy Osbourne - Camden, NJ, 2018.

Thanks

I am seriously considering doing a comparison project that outlines just what exactly changed between the various broadcast copies and the official release (though for obvious reasons, I am not posting a torrent file here). Kind of like what ruben77 did with their PULSE differences analysis.

I seriously want to figure out what exactly survived from the initial broadcasts to the official release, since I kept running into conflicting pieces of information regarding this concert (besides what was already discussed)
    Last edited by pm1532; 2020-11-17 at 04:03 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pm1532 View Post
    I am seriously considering doing a comparison project that outlines just what exactly changed between the various broadcast copies and the official release (though for obvious reasons, I am not posting a torrent file here). Kind of like what ruben77 did with their PULSE differences analysis.

I seriously want to figure out what exactly survived from the initial broadcasts to the official release, since I kept running into conflicting pieces of information regarding this concert (besides what was already discussed)

Please consider the clip from the Australian broadcast. It is evident that it is not about the transmission in real time, but about some of the tests with a greater presence of all the elements.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by voices2010 View Post
    Please consider the clip from the Australian broadcast. It is evident that it is not about the transmission in real time, but about some of the tests with a greater presence of all the elements.
    I'll consider it, but I also want to hold out for the full thing (if possible).

Should I start a new thread for research purposes? Or is continuing to talk about this still fine over here?

Thanks
    Thanked 34,359 Times in 423 Posts

I was there in 1990. Controls over who was allowed in failed and there were some really alarming crowd surges. The gig certainly had the worst vibe I have ever experienced at a concert. Large numbers of neo-Nazis stomped around, many in Nazi uniforms, intent on intimidating people throughout the afternoon. I was in the middle of the crowd. The audience was confused and the huge speaker stacks kept cutting in and out. They never fully recovered and thousands of people were constantly on the move in the pitch black in search of decent sound. It was actually considerably worse than the impression you get from the UK broadcast (the only one I have) and when Roger started tap dancing many people were not amused and wondered whether they should attempt to go home.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pm1532 View Post
    I'll consider it, but I also want to hold out for the full thing (if possible).

Should I start a new thread for research purposes? Or is continuing to talk about this still fine over here?

I think it's good to follow him in this thread to see if the full recording emerges from Mother's source posted on Pinkfloydz. Also there are not many fans of this presentation as of other moments in the history of pink floyd

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by neonknight View Post
    I was there in 1990. Controls over who was allowed in failed and there were some really alarming crowd surges. The gig certainly had the worst vibe I have ever experienced at a concert. Large numbers of neo-Nazis stomped around, many in Nazi uniforms, intent on intimidating people throughout the afternoon. I was in the middle of the crowd. The audience was confused and the huge speaker stacks kept cutting in and out. They never fully recovered and thousands of people were constantly on the move in the pitch black in search of decent sound. It was actually considerably worse than the impression you get from the UK broadcast (the only one I have) and when Roger started tap dancing many people were not amused and wondered whether they should attempt to go home.
    I think this is the first eye witness account I've heard and it sounds quite sketch at best. I had no idea it was that bad. I was fresh out of uni and broke or I would have been there myself. For 30 years I've regretted not selling enough plasma or blood or whatever to make that happen but now I think I can put that to bed because that sounds miserable.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by voices2010 View Post
    I think it's good to follow him in this thread to see if the full recording emerges from Mother's source posted on Pinkfloydz. Also there are not many fans of this presentation as of other moments in the history of pink floyd
    Got it.

It's going to take me a long time to figure out how to present my project without leaving anything out, so until then, I think I'll stick around here to see if more updates happen.

Thanks

Huh.

I just discovered two copies on one of my old drives.

Mind if I post them on my drive?