Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RickWright.com

Thanks

Default RickWright.com

I don't know if everyone's been aware but a wonderful new website created by Richard Wright's family is now online, at rickwright.com. It has some great photos of and by Rick, as well as a collection of interviews by and about Rick. It also has VHS type shots of Rick playing during the Pulse tour, and has some video which is one of the camera angles used for the Live in Gdansk film that features only Rick (and as it uses that camera's audio, Rick's keyboards are louder than in the album mix). On the pages it has some music playing which I assume is from what would have turned into Rick's third solo album, but it could be demos from Broken China, I can't quite tell. Either way, it's definitely worth a look.
    Roger Waters @ Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam, Netherlands - 19/06/2018
    Nick Mason @ Portsmouth Guildhall, UK - 23/09/2018
    Nick Mason @ O2, UK 03/03/2020

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tomhinde View Post
    I don't know if everyone's been aware but a wonderful new website created by Richard Wright's family is now online, at rickwright.com. It has some great photos of and by Rick, as well as a collection of interviews by and about Rick. It also has VHS type shots of Rick playing during the Pulse tour, and has some video which is one of the camera angles used for the Live in Gdansk film that features only Rick (and as it uses that camera's audio, Rick's keyboards are louder than in the album mix). On the pages it has some music playing which I assume is from what would have turned into Rick's third solo album, but it could be demos from Broken China, I can't quite tell. Either way, it's definitely worth a look.
    Oh damn, this is awesome, thank you!

Thanks
    Thanked 34,906 Times in 427 Posts

Great site! Thank you for posting

Beechwoods - you should take a look at the inspired by tab at https://rickwright.com/music/ - look familar?

Thanks
    Thanked 34,906 Times in 427 Posts

Love this pic from 1967 (not the Isle of Wight Festival!)

Screen Shot 2020-11-30 at 21.08.55.png
    Last edited by neonknight; 2020-12-01 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Shouldn’t have believed the site caption

Thanks

Wow thanks a lot!!

Thanks

Good stuff! Thanks for the link!

Thanks

Beautiful site. Some inaccuracies in the scrapbook section however
    - The picture *'Animals' Tour, 1977* (rick with subglasses) was shot in Pittsburgh, June, 20 1975. It come from a well-known serie of shots. By the way, you can see the infamous/doomed inflatable pyramid on his sunglasses ))
    - The picture *Richard with Jimi Hendrix, Isle of Wight Festival, 1970* is actually from an interview session conducted by John Altman on December, 1st 1967 backstage at the Central Hall, Chatham, England (I have an entry on this on one of my page: http://www.rarepinkfloyd.fr/enmissinginaction.html)
    - The picture *'Animals' Tour*Pink Floyd, 1977* with all the band members in strange suit was taken on the 7 July 1975 Gilmour's Weeding (confirmed by Ginger Gilmour).
    - The pic *Pink Floyd with Bhaskar Menon of Capital Records in USA* is dated on 17 March 1973 at the Four Seasons Hotel of New York.
    - the photography named *send mail to Tim* (!), this photo is taken on 11 January 1972 for the soccer game vs. Family band onKentish Town, London

Thanks

On the 'scrapbook' section, as well as many cool pictures like the Jimi Hendrix photo above, there are also a couple of really nice videos, one of the 1994 tour and one of the On an Island tour which has some footage from the same clips that made the 'Breaking Bread, Drinking Wine' footage on the Remember That Night DVD, but with some extra scenes (including a brief Barn Jam with Rick on guitar!), obviously very Rick centric. Very, very nice, and very well made. Surprised that the Pink Floyd social media hasn't covered it, but maybe it's unfinished as of yet - a couple of videos including one with a thumbnail of his yacht appear to be set to 'private'.
    Roger Waters @ Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam, Netherlands - 19/06/2018
    Nick Mason @ Portsmouth Guildhall, UK - 23/09/2018
    Nick Mason @ O2, UK 03/03/2020

Thanks

Great site, thanks for sharing!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tomhinde View Post
    thanks; did someone succeeded in extracting the audio from these pages? If these are outtakes or demos from Broken China this is huge!