Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RickWright.com

Thanks

I've grabbed website-Home.m4a an audio file - I can't relate it to "Broken China" (perhaps it's a demo; I have to relisten to it). This reminds me what would have been if Tangerine Dream would have recorded a sad funeral dirge synth melody rather than the Gilmourish awesome solo by Edgar Froese for "The Beach" for M.Mann's movie "Thief".
    This is a superb synth melody. Very atmospheric-very Tangerine Dream like.

How many other audio snippets are on this web site ?

great photos! the young Rick was totally new to me- same for you azerty ?

It reminds me (if it was really necessary that I miss him- really; kind of a friend.)
    I really like the photo "At Mavrikos Restaurant in Lindos, Rhodes, circa 1975" Rick has a kind of mustache which makes him look like the brother of Nick Mason :-) but he has this kind of prestige, I could have seem him as a "quiet one" in a movie like by Monte Hellman like Two-Lane Blacktop.
    Last edited by abronsius; 2020-12-01 at 06:27 AM.

Thanks

website-photography-A.m4a "found" another one : piano + synth... new to me. Sounds great. Like the intro where if this was not an excerpt you could hear Gilmour's splashing guitar coming.

is there more ?

I want more BARN JAMS !!!! short video excerpt, but he shows how excited was Rick playing electric guitar (he is almost to the Pete Townshend trademark "wheel" point to reach)- doesn't recognize what it could be, perhaps a traditional polka (half kidding) - apparently David looks intrigued...
    Last edited by abronsius; 2020-12-01 at 06:47 AM.

Thanks

Great stuff,great find,absolutely love it,R.I.P Mr Wright.

Thanks

Rick Wright website-Home : audio : there is a kind of riff (the same than Gilmour used for Echoes after the seagull part - during the epic built-up before the reprise) : but instead Rick is doing it with a synth...
    it almost could be a variation of "Echoes". Fascinating and haunting synth melody.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,564 Times in 49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by abronsius View Post
    thanks; did someone succeeded in extracting the audio from these pages? If these are outtakes or demos from Broken China this is huge!
    How about, "did someone succeed in contacting Rick Wright's family and respectfully enquiring as to the music's provenance?"

They might even tell us, and who knows what that might lead to. Something more than a webripped mp4, perhaps

Thanks

I dream of a Rick Wright anthology even a single CD like they did for George Harrison (Early Years vol.1 (still waiting for volume 2); outtakes from "Wet Dream"; alternate takes, demos...

Rick Wright was very talented. I really love "Wet Dream". Superb and haunting melody...

Thanks

As far as I can see there's music on the 'Home' page, the 'About' page and the 'Photography' page. @abronsius how have you managed to get those files, are they URLs or are you just recording the output of the website?
    Roger Waters @ Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam, Netherlands - 19/06/2018
    Nick Mason @ Portsmouth Guildhall, UK - 23/09/2018
    Nick Mason @ O2, UK 03/03/2020

Thanks

Thanks for this great find, tomhinde.

I found three snippets in m4a format:

https://rickwright.com/wp-content/up...bsite-Home.m4a
    https://rickwright.com/wp-content/up...site-about.m4a
    https://rickwright.com/wp-content/up...tography-A.m4a

In the Photos section, Michael Kamen's name is spelt rather wrong…

Also I like the fact that they decided to include work out of the community in the form of azimuth's great research on Richard's instruments.
    Last edited by newyorkpf; 2020-12-01 at 01:53 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by abronsius View Post
    I dream of a Rick Wright anthology even a single CD like they did for George Harrison (Early Years vol.1 (still waiting for volume 2); outtakes from "Wet Dream"; alternate takes, demos...

Rick Wright was very talented. I really love "Wet Dream". Superb and haunting melody...
    Maybe this new website is Rick's family's way of seeing if there is any interest in his music. If so, maybe this will lead to a resissue of Broken China and maybe some other stuff.

BTW how difficult is it to take an out-of-print album like BC and simply put it on iTunes for purchase? I understand why it may not be financially worth it to release a new deluxe CD etc but putting it online for purchase as-is would be relatively simple, right?

Thanks

Default Richard Wright & Michael Kamen

Quote Originally Posted by newyorkpf View Post

In the Photos section, Michael Kamen's name is spelt rather wrong…
    Btw: Is anybody in here, who is being aware of TV music which was composed by Richard Wright and Michael Kamen and which has been used for BBC World's 'Earth Report'?