Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are there any unheard studio tracks?

Thanks

Default Are there any unheard studio tracks?

Do we know if the vault is empty so to speak? Has everything been released or at least everything considered a "song". Maybe there is some Household Object tracks besides what they released already but I think we are at the point where no new studio tracks will ever be heard.

Or is this a case of "we don't know what we don't know?"

Thanks

Most of The Wall (Roger) demos haven't been released officially, Death Disco which is an early version of In The Flesh 2, hasn't even been described a lot.

Raving and Drooling and You Gotta Be Crazy studio versions haven't been released either, despite being finished in 75.

Anything before WYWH, I'm unsure. There's not much known about ALL of their songs that were scrapped last second.
    Concerts:

Roger Waters - Philadelphia, 2017.

Ozzy Osbourne - Camden, NJ, 2018.

Thanks

From the post-Waters era we of course have 'Peace Be With You' and the rest of 'The Big Spliff' that wasn't used for 'The Endless River' anything beyond that I'm unsure of.

Thanks

Roger wrote a few in 1974 that I know of... "Bitter Love" is one of them. No recording or performance that I know of. Syd's "One In A Million" does exist, but is not released or bootlegged (from the studio version). There's a studio version of Reaction in G and "Seabirds" from More...

That's all I can really think of besides the things already mentioned above. I'm sure there's some I am forgetting. Who knows what may exist though. For instance, I don't think anyone knew that the Capitol 1968 sessions existed until the Early Years box came out. Almost laughably bad, but my point is that it was a surprise.

Thanks

Ah yes, 'Bitter Love'. Makes me wonder if there was ever a Floyd or more than an embryonic Roger demo of 'Incarceration of a Flower Child'.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lennyif View Post
    Syd's "One In A Million" does exist, but is not released or bootlegged (from the studio version).
    Well not quite. One in a Million was a Roger song that's on the live recording of Copenhagen from 1967. There was a Syd song called She Was A Millionaire which they attempted in the Piper sessions, but the tape was wiped. I'd be astonished if that ever shows up. He also did a version in the Barrett LP sessions which does exist, but it's just a very rough backing track apparently.
    Last edited by marksturdy; 2021-01-17 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Typo

Thanks

There's also the stuff they recorded for the aborted "Rollo" cartoon series back in 1969 - according to various sources down the years there's apparently hours of material recorded for this project which was never used.

Thanks

It's surprising that stuff wasn't unearthed for TEY - tapes lost maybe? Or, and this is absolute speculation, maybe the material ended up getting merged into Zabriskie Point, which they appear to have been working on around the same period...
    Last edited by marksturdy; 2021-01-17 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Typo

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lennyif View Post
    Roger wrote a few in 1974 that I know of... "Bitter Love" is one of them. No recording or performance that I know of. Syd's "One In A Million" does exist, but is not released or bootlegged (from the studio version). There's a studio version of Reaction in G and "Seabirds" from More...

That's all I can really think of besides the things already mentioned above. I'm sure there's some I am forgetting. Who knows what may exist though. For instance, I don't think anyone knew that the Capitol 1968 sessions existed until the Early Years box came out. Almost laughably bad, but my point is that it was a surprise.
    Ah yes, I forgot about One in A Million. It appears at Copenhagen 67, one of the few times it was ever performed live.
    Concerts:

Roger Waters - Philadelphia, 2017.

Ozzy Osbourne - Camden, NJ, 2018.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,273 Times in 42 Posts

I was reminded of this from Wikipedia's article about the official Wall live album:

"The tracks differed slightly from the studio album, primarily in terms of longer intros and extended solos. Due to the constraints of vinyl records, the band had been forced to severely edit many songs for the album, removing whole sections, many of which were restored in concert. For example, "The Show Must Go On" had an extra verse that was deleted from the original studio recording (but included in the lyric sheet, even on the latest[when?] CD releases.) "Outside the Wall" was longer and re-arranged with mandolin, accordion, clarinet, acoustic guitars, tambourines and more natural-sounding vocal harmonies from the quartet of Joe Chemay, Jim Farber, Jim Haas, and Jon Joyce. (This would be the third official version of "Outside the Wall" available to the listener, following the extended orchestral version from the 1982 film.)"

In short, there might be bits and pieces of the finalised tracks from the album that have been excised for time constraints. Supporting my theory may have been the leaked single edit of "Young Lust," which has an unused intro, among other minor effects.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Is_The...980%E2%80%9381