Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Wall Nassau 25th Super 8

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AnalogKidAV View Post
    The transfer looks more than "a LITTLE...off." This could benefit from a 2K retransfer with proper exposure and levels.

And although The Pink Floyd Research Group is not willing to share here, I see they knicked the Cincinnati 1977 Super 8mm footage I torrented here and uploaded it to YouTube. Perhaps they didn't see the film had already been posted to YouTube? Regardless, if they're willing to lift someone else's work and post to YouTube it seems they should be willing to share their work here.

Everyone gets more mileage from a two way street. :-)
    This.

There's plenty of stuff from this very same site on that youtube channel, yet they are unwilling to share it.

Thanks

The transfer looks more than "a LITTLE...off." This could benefit from a 2K retransfer with proper exposure and levels.

And although The Pink Floyd Research Group is not willing to share here, I see they knicked the Cincinnati 1977 Super 8mm footage I torrented here and uploaded it to YouTube. Perhaps they didn't see the film had already been posted to YouTube? Regardless, if they're willing to lift someone else's work and post to YouTube it seems they should be willing to share their work here.

I'll say that there is a new scan coming soon-ish and there might be a Y release in the future. But whether or not it actually gets uploaded is not my decision, I've been pushing for an Archive.org upload at the very least. The transfer currently up on Youtube was done by a local Australian scanner as Richard was hesitant to send his films off. I don't think I'm allowed to say who we are planning on sending it to but just know they are experienced.

Also with the Cincinnati stuff, Worldman (who is part of our group) worked on the audio
    Last edited by Notelu; 2021-01-27 at 02:27 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ghostsparta1 View Post
    This.

There's plenty of stuff from this very same site on that youtube channel, yet they are unwilling to share it.
    What we HAVE that we tried to share is just the 8mm VHS footage. That's it. We even got told off for posting it and the torrent was taken down, so it's not for a lack of effort or want. Like Note said, the Nassau footage IS getting a 2k retransfer and it'll more than likely be shared here when it's finished.

We "knicked" the 77 footage from here and uploaded it to the channel because one of our members did the sync (WorldmanOne) so we thought we could without issue.

Really not ALL of this is just Nick. There's eight of us and we all clear a decision before it goes through. So if you're going to toss one of us under the bus, do the rest, if you don't mind.
    "And they're gonna kill ya; So like, If you give em a quick short, sharp, shock, they don't do it again. Dig it?"

Thanks

I think it stems from the fact that Nick has a personal grudge against people here, and thinks that we're "Not worthy" of having this footage on the website because of the Ron/Nick drama almost 2 years ago.

It's whatever, if they want to keep the grudge they can. It's best we move on and enjoy the Youtube video for now until they re-scan the footage.
    Concerts:

Roger Waters - Philadelphia, 2017.

Ozzy Osbourne - Camden, NJ, 2018.

Thanks

I sadly already heard stories like that. Big grudge between a certain Roger and a certain David...
    We all know where that leads...
    Fearlessly, the idiot faced the crowd...

Smiling...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,585 Times in 50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by UnwoundBob85 View Post
    What we HAVE that we tried to share is just the 8mm VHS footage. That's it. We even got told off for posting it and the torrent was taken down, so it's not for a lack of effort or want. Like Note said, the Nassau footage IS getting a 2k retransfer and it'll more than likely be shared here when it's finished.

We "knicked" the 77 footage from here and uploaded it to the channel because one of our members did the sync (WorldmanOne) so we thought we could without issue.

Really not ALL of this is just Nick. There's eight of us and we all clear a decision before it goes through. So if you're going to toss one of us under the bus, do the rest, if you don't mind.
    I'not sure why the entire (so-called) PFRG hasn't been blocked from here, yet, and the socks put through the laundry.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Grotesque View Post
    I'not sure why the entire (so-called) PFRG hasn't been blocked from here, yet.
    So when UnwoundBob85 said they may release the footage onto Y soon when it's been retransferred, you say that?

I've just got to make a point about how unwelcoming this platform is. It's been on my mind for a while but a comment like this has lead me to saying it now.

I've been on Y for just over a year now and I've hardly talked, but when I have asked questions, people came hammering down on me. Now I understand this isn't everyone, but this gives the overall impression of Y! a negative one, always finding some of these comments downright rude and distasteful.

This is probably why a lot of people don't talk on here. Because they don't want to be yelled at by other people on here for asking a question and trying to find an answer. It's the biggest deterrent a forum could have and from what I've seen, Y! has it worst.

If you want to see what I'm referring to best, look at my "2 rumoured recordings" thread. Although it does start off nice, it goes off on a creative tangent, which is totally fine of course, and then when we try to bring it back to the subject, it goes quiet for a while. That's totally fine of course, that's how forums do work sometimes lol. It's the fact that after that, OTHER members step in and revive the thread JUST to call people like me, who asked a question or gave an opinion, "ungrateful bullshit"!

Look at this:

Quote Originally Posted by creamcheese View Post
    It might sound rude, but most of the stuff you write is mere bullshit!
    It's always the same with your kind of smart ass floyd heads: Release this, release that, Gilmour blocks this, Waters blocks that, by the way most of the stuff claimed to exist is speculation, some of it is already available on bootlegs, and even if that stuff is going to be released officially, then the new discussion comes up. They used an inferior source, they did this wrong and that... Oh ****, they remixed OBC and they did it wrong! They remixed Pompeii and it sounds awfull! They remixed Meddle and hid it, because Waters vetoed, and by the way the Meddle remix is crap.
    The don't release this, they don't release that, but if they did: Would you be grateful once in your life?
    I guess you won't!
    You scream for official releases of bootleg stuff, just to finally get the opportunity to spend money for stuff you already have, only to complain about it.
    You know what? I'd do it the same way they do, if I had fans like you!
    I'm not going to repeat my response, but I highly recommend you go see it to look at how many flaws there are with this statement; just to see how horrible and hypocritical some of these members can be.

Another thread I started ended with someone saying that they "perfectly understood my points" about trying to find a the person who made a remaster of a boot on YT so we can get a lossless copy, yet they kept focusing on the previous outdated comments I made saying "worst case scenario, the YT upload could always be ripped and put on Y! if it's allowed". Focusing on something that was irrelevant at that point just to hammer down on me more made me feel even more unwelcoming to this platform. I just wondered if this YT upload could be found in lossless anywhere, and if not, if the people on here would help me look for the people behind it. With comments like that, nobody realised that was what I was asking, focusing on what the 'senior' said instead; thinking I'm still only talking about YT rips.

And those are only my personal experiences. I've seen this so many other times to other members on this platform. Putting people down about their remasters, questions other fans may know, etc. is really disheartening to see. Not everyone can be JFE at the end of the day, and I can admit that for my matrix (I do hope that date peaked his interest though after seeing my experiment lol).

I understand giving constructive criticism and I encourage it (I even got some for my matrix which I really do appreciate! Thanks Lenny!), but that's unfortunately a rarity on here.

I really hope Y! can sort this attitude problem out. Focusing on negative aspects and being downright disrespectful to members is making people want to disassociate from the platform and find other places to go that are more welcoming. Hence, a group of people branched off from here and made this research group, which I think is terrific. It helps spread the attention of boots, and that has so many advantages. Saves people getting conned by the bootlegging industry, people with new uncirculated footage/recordings come forward, etc.

Thanks

Default Time to bury the battle axe

As previously mentioned by UnwoundBob85 I'm a member of the group called "PFRG", I mainly work on doing audio syncs for silent footage/ incorrectly synced footage.

From my point of view there are 2 things to consider 1. If the footage is being released the best possible transfer is what should be released. Right? (A new transfer as previously mentioned is being worked on as we speak) 2. The research/planning and remastering of the footage was done by Nickrophilia, shouldn't he be the one releasing it here? To get the change of actually torrenting the footage? Cause right now he can't. I wasn't personally involved in working on it either and I'm not interesting in getting involved in releasing something I haven't worked on. I'm currently working with another guy to do an audio sync for Montreal 75 if that something people would be interested in seeing torrented here either by me or the original torrenter I'll gladly do it.

Regarding old grudges that happened almost 2 years ago, I feel like it's time to let it go and move on if people haven't already.

A final note I'd personally appreciate if people were genuinely more open minded and more welcoming, A lot of people are very welcoming and open, but some aren't. I know that a lot of people in this forum has dedicated years and years to their research and I really couldn't thank everyone enough for that, but that doesn't mean that you have to be rude about. I've heard that this was something that Neonknight also brought up on the zoom call last Saturday and I'd say that if even Neon thinks its something that isn't right it should be consider by everyone. Not just by old members, but also by new members. So can't we all please just share our appreciation for Floyd and bootlegging in general in a peaceful way?
    Last edited by WorldmanOne; 2021-01-27 at 06:45 PM.
    "I like to think oysters transcend national barriers"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ello_Guvner View Post
    So when UnwoundBob85 said they may release the footage onto Y soon when it's been retransferred, you say that?

I've just got to make a point about how unwelcoming this platform is. It's been on my mind for a while but a comment like this has lead me to saying it now.

I've been on Y for just over a year now and I've hardly talked, but when I have asked questions, people came hammering down on me. Now I understand this isn't everyone, but this gives the overall impression of Y! a negative one, always finding some of these comments downright rude and distasteful.

This is probably why a lot of people don't talk on here. Because they don't want to be yelled at by other people on here for asking a question and trying to find an answer. It's the biggest deterrent a forum could have and from what I've seen, Y! has it worst.

If you want to see what I'm referring to best, look at my "2 rumoured recordings" thread. Although it does start off nice, it goes off on a creative tangent, which is totally fine of course, and then when we try to bring it back to the subject, it goes quiet for a while. That's totally fine of course, that's how forums do work sometimes lol. It's the fact that after that, OTHER members step in and revive the thread JUST to call people like me, who asked a question or gave an opinion, "ungrateful bullshit"!

Look at this:

I'm not going to repeat my response, but I highly recommend you go see it to look at how many flaws there are with this statement; just to see how horrible and hypocritical some of these members can be.

Another thread I started ended with someone saying that they "perfectly understood my points" about trying to find a the person who made a remaster of a boot on YT so we can get a lossless copy, yet they kept focusing on the previous outdated comments I made saying "worst case scenario, the YT upload could always be ripped and put on Y! if it's allowed". Focusing on something that was irrelevant at that point just to hammer down on me more made me feel even more unwelcoming to this platform. I just wondered if this YT upload could be found in lossless anywhere, and if not, if the people on here would help me look for the people behind it. With comments like that, nobody realised that was what I was asking, focusing on what the 'senior' said instead; thinking I'm still only talking about YT rips.

And those are only my personal experiences. I've seen this so many other times to other members on this platform. Putting people down about their remasters, questions other fans may know, etc. is really disheartening to see. Not everyone can be JFE at the end of the day, and I can admit that for my matrix (I do hope that date peaked his interest though after seeing my experiment lol).

I understand giving constructive criticism and I encourage it (I even got some for my matrix which I really do appreciate! Thanks Lenny!), but that's unfortunately a rarity on here.

I really hope Y! can sort this attitude problem out. Focusing on negative aspects and being downright disrespectful to members is making people want to disassociate from the platform and find other places to go that are more welcoming. Hence, a group of people branched off from here and made this research group, which I think is terrific. It helps spread the attention of boots, and that has so many advantages. Saves people getting conned by the bootlegging industry, people with new uncirculated footage/recordings come forward, etc.
    This post is so spot on.

I haven't posted comments on here for about 3 or 4 years now and eliminated as much of my 10+ year presence prior to that due to exactly what's been commented above.

This used to be a fun and informative place but due to a very small select group of members it's not that place anymore. I've watched many prior decent members get baited into fights and then they are the one's who end up getting banned.

I told Neonknight that I thought discussing Y! on the Zoom might be good because then people can be honest without the threat of someone being banned for calling people out.

There's more I could go into about what I've noticed over the last few years but I don't see this place going back to how good it was from about 2008 - 2015 or so.

P.S. And once I get slagged for posting this comment, never fear....I'll be happy to continue lurking for as however long TJ'll have me.
    Last edited by darryll; 2021-01-27 at 02:09 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Grotesque View Post
    I'not sure why the entire (so-called) PFRG hasn't been blocked from here, yet, and the socks put through the laundry.
    Your mindset is also part of this problem.