Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Wall Nassau 25th Super 8

Thanks
    Thanked 1,585 Times in 50 Posts

I don't know why everyon'e going so mad. It's by now well-established that liberated boots are less useful to the community than we would have liked—to the extent they are now quarantined in a discrete thread—and that, behaviorally, the guy in charge has spent most of his time trolling—Nipote specifically and Yeeshkul generally—both here and off-site, and under multiple identities. I don't see much to defend in that, tbh, and the banhammer seems an appropriate, measured response. YMMV, of course.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Grotesque View Post
    I don't know why everyon'e going so mad. It's by now well-established that liberated boots are less useful to the community than we would have liked—to the extent they are now quarantined in a discrete thread—and that, behaviorally, the guy in charge has spent most of his time trolling—Nipote specifically and Yeeshkul generally—both here and off-site, and under multiple identities. I don't see much to defend in that, tbh, and the banhammer seems an appropriate, measured response. YMMV, of course.
    Are you in the wrong thread or something? The topic at hand has nothing to do with liberated boots.

Thanks

I would highly encourage some of you to look into the feature on your profile that allows you to "ignore" other members. This being the internet, people will be people, but if someone really just rubs you the wrong way for whatever reason on a regular basis, you can put them on your ignore list and you never have to see their posts. Instantly improved user experience. haha

Personally, I miss some of you folks that don't comment anymore, and I wish you would. Sometimes it feels like the same 10 people talking to each other, nothing against you 10 people... you know what I mean.

And yes, I think this group can be a bit cold to new members, and that on all of us to some extent. We were all new to this community at one time... "good manners don't cost nuffin... aye"

As for this footage. It's very nice! Glad it's on YouTube. Would be happy to see it here one day, but I am not going to jump off a bridge if that doesn't happen.

Thanks
    Thanked 48,987 Times in 1,362 Posts

We all have to be humble.
    I really love a quote even if I'm not a big believer: "He who is without sin cast the first stone."

And back to topic please

Pink Floyd Audio and Video
    Roger Waters Audio and Video
    David Gilmour Audio and Video
    Syd Barrett Audio and Video
    Nick Mason Audio and Video
    Richard Wright Audio and Video

Thanks

Hello all, I'm sorry to see this thread became a bit overheated. To help clear the air, I'll try to clarify a few points.

Thanks Notelu, it's good to hear the Nassau footage is being re-transferred. My intent was not to be rude when I said, "The transfer looks more than "a LITTLE...off." This could benefit from a 2K retransfer with proper exposure and levels." My point was simply this: the film has the potential to look better if it receives a better transfer. I wish you the best results on the re-transfer.

By the way, for anyone needing to transfer 8mm films, I highly recommend CinePost:

https://www.posthouse.com/

CinePost did the re-transfer of the Cincinnati 1977 Super 8mm, so please reference that video as an example of the quality of their transfers. Yes, the footage was later enhanced by careful use of restoration tools (and restoration is another topic entirely) but everything begins with a quality film transfer.

As for sharing the Nassau footage outside of YouTube, I stated the video should be shared here because Yeeshkul is the first place I go when searching for Floyd and related audio/video. Yeeshkul is an amazing online resource – I wish there were similar resources for other bands. With that in mind, it seems a team known as The Pink Floyd Research Group would want their work available here, after all, for *research* purposes.

Clearly, I was not aware of past experiences and personal reasons that could prevent PFRG from sharing here. Hopefully those issues can be sorted out. There are other places to share material though, and I encourage PFRG to find an outlet to make things available. YouTube may be OK for convenience sake, but anyone who has posted to YouTube knows how disappointing it is to see your precious recording compromised when the upload is done. As such, for quality reasons and for research purposes, legacy bands such as Pink Floyd deserve better than YouTube.

WorldmanOne, I agree with you that only the best possible version needs a release. There's no reason to share the current version if an improved transfer is in the works. And thanks again for your fine audio sync work.

Lastly, yes, Yeeshkul is still a fun and informative place! People will come and go. People will agree and disagree. People will read your comments and interpret your words to mean something you did not intend. Nipote is right, we need to be humble. This is a community of folks from around the world, from different backgrounds, with different experiences and even different languages. Despite all those differences, every person here has at least one thing we share in common: the love of Pink Floyd. Thanks to everyone for making this site what it is.

Thanks

Great footage. But watermarking something you didn't film?

Last edited by The Real Wizard; 2021-02-06 at 05:07 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Real Wizard View Post

Deters other folks from trying to make a buck off of it at least.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Real Wizard View Post

Ok that's just stupid if you don't watermark your stuff you worked REALLY hard on. I personally don't watermark my videos because I'm uploading good (enough) sources. These guys restored the footage themselves.
    Concerts:

Roger Waters - Philadelphia, 2017.

Ozzy Osbourne - Camden, NJ, 2018.