Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbie Questions

Thanks

Default Newbie Questions

Hello!

I am new here and am trying to get off on the right foot. I downloaded two shows, and have been seeding them for a couple days trying to rack up some points that I can turn in. Is this an acceptable and reasonable way to build share ratio? I'm just not sure how long the mods will let my account sit at .5% shared while I try to get enough points to turn in. Letting my machine run all the time is not a problem at all for me, so I plan to keep doing that in any case. I was hoping I would accumulate a little more Upload than I have so far, but it seems like that's normal for someone starting out and just seeding.

Also, I have a couple boots that might fit in the Liberated section, but I'm trying to determine if they would be desirable to post, since I imagine most have these. I have physical copies of the old Great Dane Eclipse box set (4 CD) that has some great stuff, and also one called Dream's Factory on CD. It doesn't look like these have been shared in a while, but is there some way to determine if these are worth posting? I also have a Floyd's of London LP that I could rip and clean up, but it looks like there are better or more complete versions of that record available.

Any advice at all, or letting me know if I'm on the right track here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,761 Times in 111 Posts

No problem if you keep seeding these shows... eventually your ratio will go up and you will be able to redeem your points.

For future uploads: please check the Lists Forum if they are already shared here...

Shine on!

Thanks

Thanks for the response! If shows are on the list, but have no seeders, should I create a torrent for them?

Thanks

No, please don't do that...
    Just reseed them with the same torrent.... Files must be exactly the same as indicated otherwise it won't work. If so, put your show in the Incomplete folder, download the existing torrent, activate it and the system will check your upload. If all is well, you will start seeding...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,588 Times in 50 Posts

@Blauwdruk, but if he rips his physical discs, won't that create a new torrent with a different hash?

Thanks

If the shows are already on the tracker; why bother with a new rip? Unless he's going to remaster it...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,588 Times in 50 Posts

Heh, so we can discuss The Hiss again :-) No, he says he has physical discs of two bootlegs that are on the tracker but haven't got seeders, and "what to do" in that case.

Thanks
    Thanked 49,513 Times in 1,370 Posts

If the old torrent is active (as all for Pink Floyd and members ), we aren't need for a new one.

Pink Floyd Audio and Video
    Roger Waters Audio and Video
    David Gilmour Audio and Video
    Syd Barrett Audio and Video
    Nick Mason Audio and Video
    Richard Wright Audio and Video

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nipote View Post
    If the old torrent is active (as all for Pink Floyd and members ), we aren't need for a new one.
    THat's exactly what I meant!

Thanks

I think I understand, thanks everyone who replied! Maybe i'll come across some yet to be listed stuff eventually.