Thread: Empire Pool on Vinyl???

Thanks

prism Empire Pool on Vinyl???

Okay, i've dragged the good old Empire Pool shows on for long enough. However, a pretty good record store in Australia is selling new copies of the Floyd Live at Empire pool on vinyl, but the lack of information about it scares me, and I don't want to end up purchasing the audience recordings of the show. Can anyone help in finding out more about this?
    Here is the link for it https://www.discrepancy-records.com....974-silver-cle .

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Orlando Simmons View Post
    Okay, i've dragged the good old Empire Pool shows on for long enough. However, a pretty good record store in Australia is selling new copies of the Floyd Live at Empire pool on vinyl, but the lack of information about it scares me, and I don't want to end up purchasing the audience recordings of the show. Can anyone help in finding out more about this?
    Here is the link for it https://www.discrepancy-records.com....974-silver-cle .
    It's surely a bootleg. The official release isn't until next year.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe59 View Post
    It's surely a bootleg. The official release isn't until next year.
    I'm aware it is a bootleg yes, but some of these bootlegs are from the BBC recording. Also, I didn't know it was getting an official release next year.

Thanks

I'm aware it is a bootleg yes, but some of these bootlegs are from the BBC recording. Also, I didn't know it was getting an official release next year.
    I have seen this one around, and I believe itís from 11/17, which is an audience recording. Thankfully, an official release is coming, so it will be well worth the wait, and probably cheaper than these modern boot lps, too.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lennyif View Post
    I have seen this one around, and I believe itís from 11/17, which is an audience recording. Thankfully, an official release is coming, so it will be well worth the wait, and probably cheaper than these modern boot lps, too.
    Okay good, that just saved me $68. Where did you hear that it'll be getting an official release?

Thanks

Okay good, that just saved me $68. Where did you hear that it'll be getting an official release?
    Roscoe in the above post, and elsewhere. He's wrong about stuff like that once in every 10k times, so I would *almost* bet my life on it. He regularly has accurate inside info well before the rest of us. (Hope that's ok to say plainly and openly)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lennyif View Post
    Roscoe in the above post, and elsewhere. He's wrong about stuff like that once in every 10k times, so I would *almost* bet my life on it. He regularly has accurate inside info well before the rest of us. (Hope that's ok to say plainly and openly)
    I certainly have no objection.
    FYI, Andy Jackson told me that he worked on preparing it for the occasion of the 50th anniversary celebration of DSOTM.

Thanks

FYI, Andy Jackson told me that he worked on preparing it for the occasion of the 50th anniversary celebration of DSOTM.
    That's gonna be a killer release on vinyl!
    I wonder if he has been able to mix in 5.1 as well?

Thanks

Damn, I didnít know you had insider information on Mr Jackson.

Thanks

Damn, I didn’t know you had insider information on Mr Jackson.
    Andy is a very nice man. He actually reached out to me many years ago and we've been in touch ever since. Always respected his wishes on what I could and could not share. I hope he's enjoying his well earned retirement.