Thread: What a dick? Thread closed?

Thanks

Default What a dick? Thread closed?

I read the thread 'What a dick'. I wanted to know what the complaint was... specifically. Then I found that the thread was closed, and couldn't ask.

Can I suggest that the thread is removed if we are no longer able to ask what the problem is? If we are having political discussion fine let's have it, but if not, then please remove the thread.

Thanks

it was about a recent interview Roger did and his statements on Ukraine & Taiwan

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KieranFunzig View Post
    I read the thread 'What a dick'. I wanted to know what the complaint was... specifically. Then I found that the thread was closed, and couldn't ask.

Can I suggest that the thread is removed if we are no longer able to ask what the problem is? If we are having political discussion fine let's have it, but if not, then please remove the thread.
    The thread was closed with a suggestion that this kind of discourse, especially the way the thread was titled, is better suited for social media platforms. This forum does not sit well with controversial, non-music related discussions.

And it is at the discretion of the mods to close or delete threads. Not deleting it serves as a temporary reminder why these kind of discussions are not welcome here.
    Last edited by Roscoe59; 2022-08-09 at 01:51 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe59 View Post
    The thread was closed with a suggestion that this kind of discourse, especially the way the thread was titled, is better suited for social media platforms. This forum does not sit well with controversial, non-music related discussions.

And it is at the discretion of the mods to close or delete threads. Not deleting it serves as a temporary reminder why these kind of discussions are not welcome here.
    could not have said it any better.
    ...any Floyd, is good floyd....
    visit the #1 Knopfler forum in the world at:

www.amarkintime.org/forum

1994.09.02, Werchter Festival Grounds - PF
    2011.06.18, ESPRIT Arena, Düsseldorf - RW
    2013.07.20, Werchter Festival Grounds --> full circle - RW
    2015.09.19, König Pilsener Arena, Oberhausen - DG
    2016.07.28, Grote Markt, Tienen - DG
    2018.09.08, Stadsschouwburg, Antwerpen - NM
    2021.05.19, Messe+Congress Centrum Halle, Münster - NM......YESSSSSSS

Thanks

Fair enough, if that was the invention. Mods - feel free to delete this thread anyway.

Thanks
    Thanked 54,148 Times in 1,489 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe59 View Post

Amen.

In that thread, after two posts, we switched from Waters' political views to the political views of a member.
    In the end, here we talk about Pink Floyd's music, everyone has their own political idea but this is not the place to express them and convince others of their reasons, the web is full of social media.

Pink Floyd Audio and Video
    Roger Waters Audio and Video
    David Gilmour Audio and Video
    Syd Barrett Audio and Video
    Nick Mason Audio and Video
    Richard Wright Audio and Video

Thanks

There's a time and place for discussion of topics outside of music but not here. Sharing music and ideas is what this wonderful place is all about, not arguing over political differences, religion, etc. Doing such would be counterproductive. Headphones on, outside world shut out.

-MH

Thanks

Indeed, the Internet is full of places where you can express your political opinion.

Social networks, electronic versions of magazines, newspapers and much more.
    Last edited by YASHA; 2022-08-09 at 01:26 PM.

Resourcefulness and bravery
    Courage and good luck!
    In trouble don't get confused-
    That's the main challenge!

TBS14

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by YASHA View Post
    Indeed, the Internet is full of places where you can express your political opinion.

Social networks, electronic versions of magazines, newspapers and much more.
    Reference expressing "Political Opinions"....
    If you have loads of money and are called Roger Waters you can even sell tickets to your platform and call it a concert.
    Maybe shoot your fans with a mock machine gun!
    You could even put up a 500 foot screen to spread your ego to your followers.

Hey, guess what, I wont be going.

LOL

Cheers

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yyz View Post
    Reference expressing "Political Opinions"....
    If you have loads of money and are called Roger Waters you can even sell tickets to your platform and call it a concert.
    Maybe shoot your fans with a mock machine gun!
    You could even put up a 500 foot screen to spread your ego to your followers.

Hey, guess what, I wont be going.

LOL

Cheers
    Or have even more money and buy up news and media outlets to control the message and bribe politicians to do your bidding.

Count yourself lucky that you have the option of not buying at ticket.

Thread closed.