Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sigma flat transfers

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by abronsius View Post
    I'm highly interested in a CD rip of "More" and "The Wall" by Sigma (especially "More") if someone can PM me.
    there has several Sigma flat transfers at guitars101 but not these one.
    I also would be very much interested, pariculary since the transfers obtained from the "Comrades" (which Markbot was referring to) sound so good. Any PM in this regard would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,127 Times in 81 Posts

If anybody needs More or Atom Heart Mother, send me a message.
    --
    Regards,
    Phil

Thanks
    Thanked 3,304 Times in 48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by plegault View Post
    If anybody needs More or Atom Heart Mother, send me a message.
    Thank you, thank you very much for your generosity.

I can offer UG Live Side, AHM and More and help to pass the flame. PM me with your email address and I'll send via WeTransfer.

If anyone has The Wall please contact me.
    Have you heard the word is love?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by watman View Post
    I also would be very much interested, pariculary since the transfers obtained from the "Comrades" (which Markbot was referring to) sound so good. Any PM in this regard would be very much appreciated.

They do sound amazing.

Thanks

Question

what's your "expertise" regarding the "More" flat transfer by SIGMA ?

Did you try to compare the stereo with the Signature official CD of "More" ?
    I will try some OOPS on my favorite songs to hear how different the results are (especially for the not-really-true stereo "wilde" for the Nile Song- which makes it very hard to isolate something (but you can isolate some scream and words shoots by David Gilmour near the end ? (I wonder what he shouts? slangs ?)

regarding the bonus tracks: same than the EARLY YEARS box set or they twick'ed these tracks a little bit ?

14 Pink Floyd - Hollywood [Bonus Track].flac
    15 Pink Floyd - Seabirds [Bonus Track].flac (not the elusive, "arlésienne" song, of course, but the instrumental)
    16 Pink Floyd - More Blues (Alternate Mix) [Bonus Track].flac
    17 Pink Floyd - Theme (Beat Version) [Bonus Track].flac

for instance I remember that Rick plays a kind of piano which is reminiscent of "Sympathy For The Devil" (the album Beggar's Banguet version) on "Ibiza Song"

I'm curious to hear if we can have some different result with the SIGMA "flat transfer" : I will "play" a little bit with Audacity to see if this "reveals"/"enlighten" some new instruments or voice which can be isolated with the same filters
    Last edited by abronsius; 2021-03-10 at 02:17 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by abronsius View Post
    what's your "expertise" regarding the "More" flat transfer by SIGMA ?

Did you try to compare the stereo with the Signature official CD of "More" ?
    I will try some OOPS on my favorite songs to hear how different the results are (especially for the not-really-true stereo "wilde" for the Nile Song- which makes it very hard to isolate something (but you can isolate some scream and words shoots by David Gilmour near the end ? (I wonder what he shouts? slangs ?)

regarding the bonus tracks: same than the EARLY YEARS box set or they twick'ed these tracks a little bit ?

14 Pink Floyd - Hollywood [Bonus Track].flac
    15 Pink Floyd - Seabirds [Bonus Track].flac (not the elusive, "arlésienne" song, of course, but the instrumental)
    16 Pink Floyd - More Blues (Alternate Mix) [Bonus Track].flac
    17 Pink Floyd - Theme (Beat Version) [Bonus Track].flac

for instance I remember that Rick plays a kind of piano which is reminiscent of "Sympathy For The Devil" (the album Beggar's Banguet version) on "Ibiza Song"

I'm curious to hear if we can have some different result with the SIGMA "flat transfer" : I will "play" a little bit with Audacity to see if this "reveals"/"enlighten" some new instruments or voice which can be isolated with the same filters
    Great idea. Unfortunately, I am not having much skills when it comes to audio engineering. Otherwise I would offer my help. Perhaps, this simple tool may be of help for your analysis: https://melody.ml/

Thanks
    Thanked 2,628 Times in 45 Posts

Just out of interest I was able to create a nice almost instrumental version of More using izoTope RX8 Music Rebalance. The result wasn't quite perfect but was well worth doing, revealing interesting similarities between Cirrus Minor and Roger's 'Body' compositions, amongst other things.

Obviously this isn't related to whether the Sigma Flat Transfer differs from the official releases at all. I'd like to do the OOPS experiment mentioned above. I'm not sure I could detect any difference versus the Japanese Papersleeve edition which is my go-to remastered version.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beechwoods View Post
    Just out of interest I was able to create a nice almost instrumental version of More using izoTope RX8 Music Rebalance. The result wasn't quite perfect but was well worth doing, revealing interesting similarities between Cirrus Minor and Roger's 'Body' compositions, amongst other things.

Obviously this isn't related to whether the Sigma Flat Transfer differs from the official releases at all. I'd like to do the OOPS experiment mentioned above. I'm not sure I could detect any difference versus the Japanese Papersleeve edition which is my go-to remastered version.
    Sorry for my incompetence: But what does OOPS stand for?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by watman View Post
    Sorry for my incompetence: But what does OOPS stand for?
    Out Of Phase Stereo.

Don't worry about not knowing. I remembered that the OOP part was Out Of Phase, but I couldn't remember what the 'S' stood for, and had to search.

This is probably a decent enough definition:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Out_of_Phase_Stereo

Thanks

This sounds intriguing. If anyone would like to share, I’d love to hear The Wall and AHM. Thanks.