Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stereo audience recordings, 1967-1972

Thanks
    Thanked 37,870 Times in 442 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by goldenband View Post
    Hey, maybe it's time for an R1+R2 matrix of the second half of the show?
    Plumpton first

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by neonknight View Post
    Plumpton first
    Then RFH, then Nuremburg, then Keanu Reeves! Wait...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,125 Times in 18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by goldenband View Post
    Oh, good. I thought I remembered detecting no stereo information in 1969-04-14 R2 but I didn't want to assume. Hey, maybe it's time for an R1+R2 matrix of the second half of the show?
    Quote Originally Posted by neonknight View Post
    Plumpton first
    Don't we already have these lovely things from simond? Plumpton may have a better R2 source now and RAH could go even further with Anthony Stern's audio of Nightmare; whilst being kicked out

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ello_Guvner View Post
    Don't we already have these lovely things from simond? Plumpton may have a better R2 source now and RAH could go even further with Anthony Stern's audio of Nightmare; whilst being kicked out
    I had totally overlooked those! Will have to check them out. 1970-03-14 Nuremberg hasn't been done as far as I know, though; a draft matrix of STC came out rather well. However I tried 1971-11-05 Hunter College and had no luck in terms of stereo imaging, though the recordings do complement each other well.

Need to check on 1970-10-16 Pepperland, another apparent omission -- will do that later today!

Thanks
    Thanked 8,300 Times in 104 Posts

Recorder 1 of the 1972 Amsterdam show is in stereo. The longer, inferior sounding source of this recorder however is mono and sounds like it was transferred with only one of the two channels. Recorder 2 and the video source are mono.
    Last edited by Bert13; 2022-04-17 at 10:35 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,300 Times in 104 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bert13 View Post
    I've been listening to 1972-04-15 recorder 1 today which sounds to me as a phase shifted mono recording which needs to be revised, I'll have a closer look at it at some point and will put it on my to do list.
    I'm currently at the final clean up stage which is time consuming because I'm targeting the spots with VHS type tape static one by one. I tried phase correction several ways without much result, I was only able to bring it slightly more to center, the first Set is more weighted to the right than the second, it's just weird, although it doesn't distract too much while listening. The channels have completely different audio content and I'm now convinced this is a stereo recording with the taper having some kind of issues with his mics. I wonder what jimfisheye would make of it.