Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Two studio master tapes, containing songs recorded by PF at Pye Studiios Feb 1969

Thanks

"I don't want to prejudice you"

Yes I reckon to that the processing shows. The material is really bad as it is. When its loud theres tons of foley and ambience. When its low the dialogue comes in too strong.
    Removing all is virtually impossible. Like I stated in the video, leaving that snippet of dialogue during the first verse was necessary. Mainly because I couldn't recreate anything below.

But to my ears this is just as bad/good as any generic tape that pops up once in a while and that makes it passable.
    But strangely I almost prefered it like it used to be. Stripping the movie audio away only proves that its somewhat generic.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mmxp.com View Post
    SO...with no further ado. A slightly less cluttered version of Seabirds! Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/dNxZc4EaHw0
    Nice one and a good touch to add the lyrics. Thanks for work on this.

Thanks

Thumbs up

As expected but let me put it like this. We've heard a lot of sessions from the More soundtrack and my take on the recordings are that they are....how does it go?

"A regression to childhood and proptionally a bit boring"

I have been working on Seabirds. Using the 2011 DVD version of the soundtrack I have gradually worked out the majority of the dialogue and foley sounds.
    The sound has been somewhat balanced and now it's somewhat listenable.

The process of recreating is partially Izotope RX 7s spectral repair combined with a lot of cut and pastes.

It has gone from a mediocre gritty movie rip to a somewhat equally mediocre gritty tape demo.

The point I am making for Seabirds is that once I worked myself into the track I realised that this is in no way as magic as I believed it would be.
    Rogers lyrics are confusing and forced and the overall band performance tells me that the band was working through their live motions trying to produce
    another popish hits. The choice of putting "Nile Song" on the album was a good choice. I really don't hear magic in this one.

Thanks!

Resourcefulness and bravery
    Courage and good luck!
    In trouble don't get confused-
    That's the main challenge!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChb...MX1rmQw/videos

TBS14

Thanks

Good job with this, you've made available to us a lovely little pop song from this period of great transitions in the music.
    RW's obsession with all things beachy/nautical started early

Thanks

Rogers lyrics are confusing and forced and the overall band performance tells me that the band was working through their live motions trying to produce
    another popish hits.
    That was actually one of my crazy theories - that they were going for another Point Me At The Sky, and sent the master off to be transcribed for the songbook in anticipation of another smash hit.

Thanks

Thanks! A nice little song, very sixties.

Thanks

As expected but let me put it like this. We've heard a lot of sessions from the More soundtrack and my take on the recordings are that they are....how does it go?

"A regression to childhood and proptionally a bit boring"

I have been working on Seabirds. Using the 2011 DVD version of the soundtrack I have gradually worked out the majority of the dialogue and foley sounds.
    The sound has been somewhat balanced and now it's somewhat listenable.

The process of recreating is partially Izotope RX 7s spectral repair combined with a lot of cut and pastes.

It has gone from a mediocre gritty movie rip to a somewhat equally mediocre gritty tape demo.

The point I am making for Seabirds is that once I worked myself into the track I realised that this is in no way as magic as I believed it would be.
    another popish hits. The choice of putting "Nile Song" on the album was a good choice. I really don't hear magic in this one.

Amazing job! I can finally hear the song! This is probably the best we will ever get. No worries though. I've enjoyed She Was a Millionaire, Reaction in G with similar quality!

Thanks

wow, that's great work! it really is listenable, now, and nearly completely understandable. lol

i would not have been disappointed, at all, if this had been revealed on 'the early years' in an actual instrumental form (as the mis-named track was). as it is, i have to agree... especially with the overly repeated "chorus" (which i realize might have just been at the director's request)... it's not one of roger's best efforts! if i had a pristine copy of this, it would rarely be played, i'm afraid. luckily, there are only a handful of floyd tracks that i always skip, and it's a bit of a let-down that this Grail has turned out to be just a regular cup, so to speak. i'd love it if roger has the tapes in his private vault, alongside the 'wall' footage, and has been fearful of its existence becoming general knowledge, for all these years....

¯\_(ツ)_/¯