Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pink Floyd Works in alternate track order

Thanks

Default Pink Floyd Works in alternate track order

I usually listen Pink Floyd Works in alternate track order - simply by swapping the tracks of sides A and B leaving the first tracks of sides in their place

01 - One Of These Days
    02 - See Emily Play
    03 - Several Species Of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together In A Cave And Grooving With A Pict
    04 - Free Four
    05 - Embryo
    06 - Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun
    07 - Arnold Layne
    08 - Fearless
    09 - Brain Damage
    10 - Eclipse

I think such order is more interesting and a little bit conceptual

recommend

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by svaerige View Post
    I usually listen Pink Floyd Works in alternate track order - simply by swapping the tracks of sides A and B leaving the first tracks of sides in their place

01 - One Of These Days
    02 - See Emily Play
    03 - Several Species Of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together In A Cave And Grooving With A Pict
    04 - Free Four
    05 - Embryo
    07 - Arnold Layne
    08 - Fearless
    09 - Brain Damage
    10 - Eclipse

recommend
    That seems like a much better track order than the way they released it. Thanks for the tip!

Thanks

Can't say I ever found a reason to listen to this compilation at all.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by keleven View Post
    My goodness, I forgot they put Several Species on this.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by keleven View Post
    try listening in that order - it will change your view

however then you will not found a reason to listen Relics - sorry

Thanks

01 - One Of These Days
    02 - See Emily Play
    04 - Free Four
    05 - Embryo
    07 - Arnold Layne
    08 - Fearless
    09 - Brain Damage
    10 - Eclipse

recommend
    I could go with this but replace SSS with Biding My Time. I listen to SSS once a year on Halloween. Otherwise that track is dead to me.

Still, it doesn't answer the call for me. It's high time for a compilation that covers the gamut of pre-DSOTM/non-Piper album cuts, singles, and one-offs. There are twelve non-album cuts (the 5 singles minus Scarecrow, Biding My Time, Embryo, and the alternate mix of Matilda Mother) that could be combined with key album cuts (STC/OOTD/F4/Fearless from Works, CM/Nile/RAD from Relics) and a few others (maybe LTBML/Cymbaline/GM/CE/S68). That's 24 tracks, perfect for a single CD/double LP. The running order is left as an exercise for the reader.
    Seeking the following:
    • PIL
    • Arcade Fire
    • My Bloody Valentine

Thanks

Speaking of compilations, I would love to see PF Records issue this one so that us 99%'s can afford a copy: https://www.discogs.com/release/8408...The-Pink-Floyd

If you want to listen to a compilation that was cultivated and sequenced with care for release and doesn't require fan resequencing, make a playlist of the tracks on this lp and give it a go. It's fantastic. Note that ASOS is the live Ummagumma version.

Thanks

01 - One Of These Days
    02 - See Emily Play
    04 - Free Four
    05 - Embryo
    07 - Arnold Layne
    08 - Fearless
    09 - Brain Damage
    10 - Eclipse

recommend
    Listening now and I like it. Thanks for the tip.

Quote Originally Posted by Lennyif View Post
    Speaking of compilations, I would love to see PF Records issue this one so that us 99%'s can afford a copy: https://www.discogs.com/release/8408...The-Pink-Floyd

If you want to listen to a compilation that was cultivated and sequenced with care for release and doesn't require fan resequencing, make a playlist of the tracks on this lp and give it a go. It's fantastic. Note that ASOS is the live Ummagumma version.
    This looks interesting too and am putting the playlist together. Do you know if CWTAE and JD are stereo versions from Relics or the mono single versions? Assuming SEP is the mono version since the fake stereo version came out later than this compilation.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MGoBlue1989 View Post
    Listening now and I like it. Thanks for the tip.

This looks interesting too and am putting the playlist together. Do you know if CWTAE and JD are stereo versions from Relics or the mono single versions? Assuming SEP is the mono version since the fake stereo version came out later than this compilation.
    Not sure what they used on the lp, but I used the shine on box for Axe, Julia Dream, and See Emily Play. For the others, I used the standard Doug Sax mastered cds (Shine On is sax as well).

I would guess that they used the stereo version of those tracks from Relics since the comp includes Biding My Time. Just a guess though.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MGoBlue1989 View Post
    Assuming SEP is the mono version since the fake stereo version came out later than this compilation.
    SEP fake stereo version first appeared in 1967 on Tower Records "compilation" 'Pink Floyd' ST-5093 https://www.discogs.com/ru/release/1...-Gates-Of-Dawn

and later on compilation The Best Of The Pink Floyd https://www.discogs.com/ru/master/44...loyd?year=1970

Tower Records version is different from all other (The Best Of The Pink Floyd, Relics and Pink Floyd Works - which are identical) and really is the best fake stereo version of SEP ever released imho https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lr52ndh_zoc