Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Physical media or digital rip/download?

Thanks

I enjoy a bit of both. I've been doing rips of my records just to have digital copies of those, but I've also ripped CDs and such in the past just to have them if I want to use them for something. Spotify, although not the highest quality in terms of audio, still gets the job done for me, just on convenience alone. However, I love listening to records on my stereo setup. Something about that pause between sides of, say, Klaatu's Hope or Floyd's Animals allow for you to really let the music set in before you progress to the next side, and the artwork is always a sight to look at.
    "Trip Out Beyond 3rd Bardo"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aybesea View Post
    I am also on Linux and have been for many years. I use Plex, but only for video. For my audio needs, I haven't found anything better than Guayadeque. It is a truly remarkable piece of software. https://www.guayadeque.org/
    Thanks. If I'm behind a keyboard, monitor and mouse I use good old Audacious (which is like Winamp). But when I'm not, I like to use Mediacenter software like Kodi or Plex. And I find both confusing for audio playback. Especially for multichannel audio which is a must if I listen to Pink Floyd.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,877 Times in 156 Posts

I'm a bit like Ron, these days everything I consume comes off of my NAS, where I have meticulously ripped and sorted all the media I have, VHS tapes, DVD's, CD's, Blu-ray's etc... I still have all my physical media and can go to it from time to time but I rarely do that anymore. I can still appreciate why people might want to though. In our lives where we find ourselves having less and less time, having all my media stored digitally that I can pretty much access from anywhere is extremely helpful.
    Click here to access my Pink Floyd lists!