Thread: PF Stockholm 1989 video question

Thanks

Default PF Stockholm 1989 video question

Hello fellow Floyd people, this is Alex in Sweden. I just inherited a big VHS-collection from an old collector/filmer that I am going through, and on one of the tapes there is a film of Pink Floyd in Stockholm 1989. I can't find any info about it anywhere, it doesn't seem to be torrented here and no old lists in my collection mention it. It seems to come from two nights, edited together to make one gig. The tape is simply marked 890612-13, and the films shows two distinctly different angles.

I am writing to see if this is new to the community, I have made a quick transfer with my amateur equipment but will hold on to the VHS if this seems to be an upgrade or new source altogether and anyone of you guys who actually know what you are doing want to give it a go. I will send the VHS anywhere in the world to someone promising to make a good transfer and share it with everyone.

Please take a look here and see if this is something worth working more on. Thank you.

https://youtu.be/45ieGVQVmkU

Thanks

Hi Alex,

This is definitely interesting and new to the community (To my knowledge).
    I’d gladly transfer the following tape and anything else that you’d like to have transferred either old or from the new collection of recordings.
    Here’s my current PAL set up for transfers:
    Philips VR1100 (S-VHS Player) --> Panasonic DMR-ES15 (Time Base Corrector) --> IO Data GV-USB2 (Capture Card)

I’ve previously worked with other members on this forum with transferring such as Notelu and we regularly talk and should be able to remaster the footage to its best form.

If you’re interesting I’ll send you a email and we can discuss further. As I think we’ve traded GT bootlegs previously if my memory doesn’t mistake me.
    "I like to think oysters transcend national barriers"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WorldmanOne View Post
    Hi Alex,

This is definitely interesting and new to the community (To my knowledge).
    I’d gladly transfer the following tape and anything else that you’d like to have transferred either old or from the new collection of recordings.
    Here’s my current PAL set up for transfers:
    Philips VR1100 (S-VHS Player) --> Panasonic DMR-ES15 (Time Base Corrector) --> IO Data GV-USB2 (Capture Card)

I’ve previously worked with other members on this forum with transferring such as Notelu and we regularly talk and should be able to remaster the footage to its best form.

If you’re interesting I’ll send you a email and we can discuss further. As I think we’ve traded GT bootlegs previously if my memory doesn’t mistake me.
    Brilliant! Shoot me an email to alexbergdahl AT live.se and I'll send the tape.

Thanks

I'm surprised there isn't more chatter about this. Complete audio sets of all three Stockholm '87 gigs are in circulation, but yeah, there have been no known video sources until now. That's amazing find, man! Did you find anything else good in that old VHS stack?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vinylkurt View Post
    I'm surprised there isn't more chatter about this. Complete audio sets of all three Stockholm '87 gigs are in circulation, but yeah, there have been no known video sources until now. That's amazing find, man! Did you find anything else good in that old VHS stack?
    This VHS is from 1989. Does audio circulate for these dates?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Markbot View Post
    This VHS is from 1989. Does audio circulate for these dates?
    Yup, we have 2 recorders from each date at the globe.
    "I like to think oysters transcend national barriers"