Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 44

Thread: New concert date 17march 1968

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,734
    Thanks
    98
    Thanked 847 Times in 20 Posts

    Default

    There's something very special about the 1968 shows It's just a shame that there's so few shows available from this era, and they're mostly of poor quality, kinda like 1967.
    I wish a complete 1988 show with great sound would surface someday. I especially love the live renditions of Let There Be More Light and Flaming.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,089
    Thanks
    80
    Thanked 4,346 Times in 47 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by floydfan2410 View Post
    There's something very special about the 1968 shows It's just a shame that there's so few shows available from this era, and they're mostly of poor quality, kinda like 1967.
    I wish a complete 1988 show with great sound would surface someday. I especially love the live renditions of Let There Be More Light and Flaming.
    There's quite a few uncirculated tapes from 1968. No idea about sound quality.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,734
    Thanks
    98
    Thanked 847 Times in 20 Posts

    Default

    Are they being hoarded?

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,089
    Thanks
    80
    Thanked 4,346 Times in 47 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by floydfan2410 View Post
    Are they being hoarded?
    What do you mean under word "hoarded"? There are just not in circulation.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,734
    Thanks
    98
    Thanked 847 Times in 20 Posts

    Default

    If they are known to exist but not in circulation, it could mean that they are being hoarded, meaning that the people who has them in their collection is unwilling to share them for whatever reason.
    Or are they known to exist in Pink Floyd's archives?

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    221
    Thanks
    284
    Thanked 522 Times in 15 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Journey Man View Post
    Isnít it already pretty well documented that Syd's last Floyd gig was Hastings 20 January 1968?
    So interesting that Syd's last gig was 5 years to the day before the (incomplete) debut of Eclipse, soon to be DSOTM.
    Floyd First Since 1978

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,089
    Thanks
    80
    Thanked 4,346 Times in 47 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by floydfan2410 View Post
    If they are known to exist but not in circulation, it could mean that they are being hoarded, meaning that the people who has them in their collection is unwilling to share them for whatever reason.
    Or are they known to exist in Pink Floyd's archives?
    You sound like people owns you that tapes. No one is obligated to share anything. I'd prefer to call such things as "uncirculated", not as "hoarded". They are not like being public property stored away.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    1,440
    Thanks
    770
    Thanked 3,175 Times in 49 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hallucalation View Post
    No one is obligated to share anything. I'd prefer to call such things as "uncirculated", not as "hoarded".
    100% agree on this point.

    And it would be nice if everybody would always keep in mind how generous are all those who share what they own, just because they are making a gesture they aren't obligated to do, and being just happy for this, rather than being unhappy for what's uncirculated.
    Last edited by vince666; 2021-12-20 at 11:56 PM.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    102
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vince666 View Post
    100% agree on this point.

    And it would be nice if everybody would always keep in mind how generous are all those who share what they own, just because they are making a gesture they aren't obligated to do, and being just happy for this, rather than being unhappy for what's uncirculated.
    Agreed. Sometimes it's nice to know that these exist. With the hope that they are being preserved/stored, no matter the method or format.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,734
    Thanks
    98
    Thanked 847 Times in 20 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vince666 View Post
    100% agree on this point.

    And it would be nice if everybody would always keep in mind how generous are all those who share what they own, just because they are making a gesture they aren't obligated to do, and being just happy for this, rather than being unhappy for what's uncirculated.
    Excise me, but you're clearly misunderstanding.
    I was only trying to figure out why there are several known recordings from 1968 not in circulation, and I mentioned hoarding as an example mainly because there has been a lot of discussion about hoarding. I'm very well aware that there can be many reasons why certain recordings are not in circulation. It was not my intention to sound like anyone owes me anything, why would they? I guess the subject of hoarding has become quite fragile.
    I'm not at all unhappy, I'm merely interested to know the reason why these recordings hasn't surfaced, because I love the 1968 era and I would love to hear more recordings from that period.
    I also asked if they exist in the Pink Floyd archives.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •