Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New concert date 17march 1968

Thanks

There's something very special about the 1968 shows It's just a shame that there's so few shows available from this era, and they're mostly of poor quality, kinda like 1967.
    I wish a complete 1988 show with great sound would surface someday. I especially love the live renditions of Let There Be More Light and Flaming.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,346 Times in 47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by floydfan2410 View Post
    There's something very special about the 1968 shows It's just a shame that there's so few shows available from this era, and they're mostly of poor quality, kinda like 1967.
    I wish a complete 1988 show with great sound would surface someday. I especially love the live renditions of Let There Be More Light and Flaming.
    There's quite a few uncirculated tapes from 1968. No idea about sound quality.

Thanks

Are they being hoarded?

Thanks

Are they being hoarded?
    What do you mean under word "hoarded"? There are just not in circulation.

Thanks

If they are known to exist but not in circulation, it could mean that they are being hoarded, meaning that the people who has them in their collection is unwilling to share them for whatever reason.
    Or are they known to exist in Pink Floyd's archives?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Journey Man View Post
    Isnít it already pretty well documented that Syd's last Floyd gig was Hastings 20 January 1968?
    So interesting that Syd's last gig was 5 years to the day before the (incomplete) debut of Eclipse, soon to be DSOTM.
    Floyd First Since 1978

Thanks

If they are known to exist but not in circulation, it could mean that they are being hoarded, meaning that the people who has them in their collection is unwilling to share them for whatever reason.
    Or are they known to exist in Pink Floyd's archives?
    You sound like people owns you that tapes. No one is obligated to share anything. I'd prefer to call such things as "uncirculated", not as "hoarded". They are not like being public property stored away.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,175 Times in 49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hallucalation View Post
    No one is obligated to share anything. I'd prefer to call such things as "uncirculated", not as "hoarded".
    100% agree on this point.

And it would be nice if everybody would always keep in mind how generous are all those who share what they own, just because they are making a gesture they aren't obligated to do, and being just happy for this, rather than being unhappy for what's uncirculated.
    Last edited by vince666; 2021-12-20 at 11:56 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vince666 View Post

And it would be nice if everybody would always keep in mind how generous are all those who share what they own, just because they are making a gesture they aren't obligated to do, and being just happy for this, rather than being unhappy for what's uncirculated.
    Agreed. Sometimes it's nice to know that these exist. With the hope that they are being preserved/stored, no matter the method or format.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vince666 View Post

Excise me, but you're clearly misunderstanding.
    I was only trying to figure out why there are several known recordings from 1968 not in circulation, and I mentioned hoarding as an example mainly because there has been a lot of discussion about hoarding. I'm very well aware that there can be many reasons why certain recordings are not in circulation. It was not my intention to sound like anyone owes me anything, why would they? I guess the subject of hoarding has become quite fragile.
    I'm not at all unhappy, I'm merely interested to know the reason why these recordings hasn't surfaced, because I love the 1968 era and I would love to hear more recordings from that period.
    I also asked if they exist in the Pink Floyd archives.