Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: community consensus on circulating remastered recordings?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vince666 View Post
    amplifiers with hiss suppression button?

thanks GOD, I totally missed them... in fact, I didn't even know they existed.
    Yes, some audio-killers have come up with this

Resourcefulness and bravery
    Courage and good luck!
    In trouble don't get confused-
    That's the main challenge!

TBS14

Thanks
    Thanked 3,176 Times in 49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cleantones View Post
    After reading everything though I lean a bit more toward keeping it to myself. Safer bet I guess.
    I just hope this decision of yours isn't because of anything I might have written here myself, though.

I am always happy to share my own point of view about something even in a very detailed way and to also talk about technical matters but, at the same time, you must know that it's just "my own" point of view and it does worth just as anybody else's point of view, no more no less... who am I to put any kind of limit to any other people here?
    Point is that, just like I am glad to share recordings, I am just as glad in sharing those technical informations I happen to know myself, hoping they might be useful... then, it's all about sharing, not the opposite.

About the "politeness" point of asking permission to who originally shared a source, of course, that's not always possible and if not possible to contact the right person then it's obvious you can directly feel free to go on, which just happened sooo many times that it's not obviously a problem... after all, there are many who aren't possible to be contacted for asking and I doubt we will stop our hobby because of this.

Of course, here in this forum, there are so many who also love remasters works that, if you believe you made a good/careful work then it would be a good choice to share it... those who are interested will surely download and enjoy it, which is the actual purpose of sharing something with the others.

After all, unless a work is clearly "pointless" (which is a rare occurrence), it's good to offer more choices to the people...
    some are completists and then they download just everything but the others will download what they do consider interesting... what is more or less interesting is highly subjective and we are so many around here that the widest range of tastes are well represented... so, basing your choices and strategies only on the point of view of the so-called "purists" (i.e. myself) isn't maybe the most "right" thing to do... I just cannot (and don't even want to) talk on behalf of anybody else here nor I wish to decide about what the others should or shouldn't do themselves, but if someone asks me my own point of view then I feel free to tell it in a clear and detailed way, just because I know it's just my own point of view.

Cheers,

Vince.

PS: I don't exactly agree with you about a well done light-handed EQ work not being worthy... most of the times, it's just the light hands which can provide the better sounding results.
    Last edited by vince666; 2022-01-15 at 12:42 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cleantones View Post
    Thanks for all of the conversation. I appreciate it. I haven't heard back from the folks I reached out to. I also don't think I got any feedback from the little samples I posted regarding this specific flawed recording I had done some work on. I agree with the recent general discussion about a simple/minor EQ change not likely being worthy of a new iteration. Though sometimes that's all it takes to master something depending on the source. I'm not sure if anyone would have noticed that after I started this thread I was asked to help with a K2 recording (4/18/88). That was not the recording I was thinking about when I created this thread for what that is worth. After reading everything though I lean a bit more toward keeping it to myself. Safer bet I guess. Always very impressed with the knowledge base here of course.
    Be sure to continue your work.

The comments in this topic only once again show how interesting and difficult working with sound is.

Good luck!

Resourcefulness and bravery
    Courage and good luck!
    In trouble don't get confused-
    That's the main challenge!

TBS14