Thread: DSOT VideoCD and VHS Versions

Thanks

Default DSOT VideoCD and VHS Versions

Hello all,

Quite a while ago I posted about making a DSOT comparison between the 1988 and 2019 versions (inspired by ruben77's PULSE comparison, which is a great bit of research if you haven't checked it out yet).

At any rate, I have the project mostly completed, although it has an inherent problem. With only two versions (the 2019 BD and an LD>DVD transfer of the 1988 edit), it becomes very boring. I did manage to track down a low-quality VHS rip of the 1988 PAL version, but the only difference that it has is the 10-15 second shot where "Money" was cut.

This leads me to the point(s) of this post: First, do the VideoCD and VHS (NTSC) versions have the same edits as the LD 1988 version? And if so, then where could I start out looking for rips? (Trust me, I've searched for quite a while, and LD>DVD transfers seem to be the most popular option).

I'll also add this tidbit of information, since I see it relevant...

Quite a long time ago, probably when this comparison project was in its very, very early stages, I was reading a lot of threads related to DSOT and the Momentary Lapse tour in general, and I remember reading in one of them (I can't for the life of me remember which one, even after a search), that there was a version of "The Dogs of War" which, while based off of the 1988 version, apparently had different camera edits? (Probably a reference to the music video featuring the Omni footage, but if anyone else could help me on this, it would be greatly appreciated, as it's been driving me mad for quite some time).
    "If I participate in this f***ing effort I hope I'm going to get my gold disc at the end of it. Imagine that!"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,729 Times in 74 Posts

I just sold a vcd of dsot for $10 you can pick up a copy on discogs for that

Thanks

storm

Dogs of war had two edits one where the screen tears away and the other fades. I can't remember any other differences...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CCE338 View Post
    Dogs of war had two edits one where the screen tears away and the other fades. I can't remember any other differences...
    Would you happen to know where to find this edit? And there's also two versions of the VideoCD, but I think I'll stick with 1.2 since version 1 appears to have a mastering error.
    "If I participate in this f***ing effort I hope I'm going to get my gold disc at the end of it. Imagine that!"

Thanks

storm

Sorry I'm unsure where to find this edit the 34 years later

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CCE338 View Post
    Sorry I'm unsure where to find this edit the 34 years later
    Sounds reasonable.