Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: List of best known sources (reprise)

Thanks
    Thanked 37,023 Times in 441 Posts

Default Plumpton

I think we should drop the current entries for Plumpton R1 and R2 and replace them with jimfisheye's matrix. Both sources used were significant upgrades.

The beginning of the lineage in the text file for R2 of the matrix is wrong. The correct lineage is 1st/2nd gen reel > FLAC (24bit/96kHZ).

Thanks
    Thanked 7,876 Times in 155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by neonknight View Post
    I think we should drop the current entries for Plumpton R1 and R2 and replace them with jimfisheye's matrix. Both sources used were significant upgrades.

The beginning of the lineage in the text file for R2 of the matrix is wrong. The correct lineage is 1st/2nd gen reel > FLAC (24bit/96kHZ).
    You will not be releasing the new sources individually? While I agree that Jim's work beats out any of the existing sources wouldn't it be beneficial to release the source material for possible future improvements? Not doing so means working upon what Jim has already done. Not my choice, just my thinking.
    Click here to access my Pink Floyd lists!

Thanks
    Thanked 37,023 Times in 441 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by buffalofloyd View Post
    You will not be releasing the new sources individually? While I agree that Jim's work beats out any of the existing sources wouldn't it be beneficial to release the source material for possible future improvements? Not doing so means working upon what Jim has already done. Not my choice, just my thinking.
    Recorder 1 is not my call. Recorder 2 was generously supplied by lordsnooty specifically so jimfisheye could work on it and I made the arrangements on this basis. I know it was not your point buffalofloyd, but I'll strongly object if anyone takes R2 and works on it or releases the lordsnooty channel of jimfisheye's master (I can't stop Sigma cashing in of course). Everyone should, in my opinion, be fully satisfied with what's been offered on this occasion.

We have learnt a lesson with Southampton '69. Hogweeds worked on it alone for his first release, a couple of us spotted that it didn't sound right, and we have the happy ending of a collaboration developing between jimfisheye and Hogweeds. Really pleasing news, I am sure everyone will agree.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,876 Times in 155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by neonknight View Post
    Recorder 1 is not my call. Recorder 2 was generously supplied by lordsnooty specifically so jimfisheye could work on it and I made the arrangements on this basis. I know it was not your point buffalofloyd, but I'll strongly object if anyone takes R2 and works on it or releases the lordsnooty channel of jimfisheye's master (I can't stop Sigma cashing in of course). Everyone should, in my opinion, be fully satisfied with what's been offered on this occasion.

We have learnt a lesson with Southampton '69. Hogweeds worked on it alone for his first release, a couple of us spotted that it didn't sound right, and we have the happy ending of a collaboration developing between jimfisheye and Hogweeds. Really pleasing news, I am sure everyone will agree.
    Fair enough Ian, I understand
    Click here to access my Pink Floyd lists!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bert13 View Post
    The entry is updated.
    Thanks Bert

Thanks

Hey Bert

Just listening to Neon's transfer of Stratcat's 1977-02-28 Munich Rec. 3 tape and reading through the thread.

http://yeeshkul.com/forum/showthread...nown-gen-24-96

I haven't listened to see for myself but consensus seems to be that it's better than the Kbrubaker transfer that is currently listed for this date/rec.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,105 Times in 104 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Small Fish View Post
    Hey Bert

Just listening to Neon's transfer of Stratcat's 1977-02-28 Munich Rec. 3 tape and reading through the thread.

http://yeeshkul.com/forum/showthread...nown-gen-24-96

I haven't listened to see for myself but consensus seems to be that it's better than the Kbrubaker transfer that is currently listed for this date/rec.
    Yes, that's one of those which slipped through the radar. Thanks for catching that.