Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Pink Floyd – BBC Radio 1967-1971

Thanks

I don't have my book yet (but it's VERY close) so I haven't seen the clues, but I always felt like this was just a case of someone at the BBC sent some extra songs to the station that they didn't know were to remain unreleased and we got lucky because someone recorded it. I feel like, at that time, no one at WNEW would know they struck gold because the three songs that became the standard for that date (Echoes, FoS, and OOTD) hadn't really been established yet.

BBC sends wrong disc/tape, WNEW broadcasts show, someone taped it. BBC syndicates show shortly thereafter and songs are never to be heard again.

I want to know though.

Thanks
    Thanked 37,032 Times in 441 Posts

Thank you for your reply stratcat58 and, demamo, you're going to enjoy that section of the book

Today I am off to visit a bookshop which is interested in stocking our book. If anybody reading this is in the UK, in particular, and has been sitting on the fence about whether to invest, there are some low prices for the paperback on eBay at the moment. Various retailers have been bulk buying stock. The book was a limited print run of 1000, so we could be all done soon. Forgive the self-marketing!

Thanks

Doing some (very) simple maths, I'm thinking this book may end up being quite the money-spinner (and deservedly so, I should add)

Are there any plans to do more volumes? Perhaps looking at a specific tour and collating all the info here (and behind the scenes) on the network of tapers and recordings that have survived - which very often are a fascinating story in themselves. It would be a fitting way to enlighten the public and also pay those brave tapers some service by documenting their adventures. Aside from the recordings themselves, their stories are very often first-hand accounts of actual gigs, including the run-up to the show, getting past security, finding the right position, the annoying howling fans standing next to them, the quality of the performance, the weather playing havoc... so many things.

I can't help but think that most people here would buy it in a heartbeat.

I'm (sadly!) down to the last few pages and I (and I'm sure just about everyone else here) would love to see more from you guys on PF in much the same format.

Beyond breakdowns of tours and tapes - I'm not sure what other projects you perhaps have mind?

If you do or don't, regardless - many thanks for all your work on this volume... it's an incredible read and the research gone into it is quite something. You both deserve a medal if you haven't already got one
    Last edited by montymole; 2022-07-02 at 12:15 PM.

Thanks

I'm always in for publishing a well-documented book but that's easier said than done. Books like this involve a lot of work and it only comes together when there's a strong focus on a subject and that subject is very strong itself. All present with this one which made it such a pleasure doing it in a very short space of time.

Quote Originally Posted by montymole View Post
    Doing some (very) simple maths, I'm thinking this book may end up being quite the money-spinner (and deservedly so, I should add)

Are there any plans to do more volumes? Perhaps looking at a specific tour and collating all the info here (and behind the scenes) on the network of tapers and recordings that have survived - which very often are a fascinating story in themselves. It would be a fitting way to enlighten the public and also pay those brave tapers some service by documenting their adventures. Aside from the recordings themselves, their stories are very often first-hand accounts of actual gigs, including the run-up to the show, getting past security, finding the right position, the annoying howling fans standing next to them, the quality of the performance, the weather playing havoc... so many things.

I can't help but think that most people here would buy it in a heartbeat.

I'm (sadly!) down to the last few pages and I (and I'm sure just about everyone else here) would love to see more from you guys on PF in much the same format.

Beyond breakdowns of tours and tapes - I'm not sure what other projects you perhaps have mind?

If you do or don't, regardless - many thanks for all your work on this volume... it's an incredible read and the research gone into it is quite something. You both deserve a medal if you haven't already got one

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by neonknight View Post
    Thank you for your reply stratcat58 and, demamo, you're going to enjoy that section of the book

Today I am off to visit a bookshop which is interested in stocking our book. If anybody reading this is in the UK, in particular, and has been sitting on the fence about whether to invest, there are some low prices for the paperback on eBay at the moment. Various retailers have been bulk buying stock. The book was a limited print run of 1000, so we could be all done soon. Forgive the self-marketing!
    The pitch worked! I have been meaning and meaning to order, and finally went ahead! It’s been killing me to read this thread and not have it. Can’t wait to dive in!
    Last edited by Lennyif; 2022-07-02 at 10:13 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 37,032 Times in 441 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lennyif View Post
    The pitch worked! I have been meaning and meaning to order, and finally went ahead! It’s been killing me to read this thread and not have it. Can’t wait to dive in!
    Thank you for supporting us

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by neonknight View Post
    Thank you for supporting us
    Thank you for facilitating like 70% of new Pink Floyd content over the past decade. That number might be too modest even. Haha anyways, very welcome. I am sure it will be well worth the money.

Thanks

Looking forward to diving into this book - the reviews and comments here have me excited to read it.

I really hope the efforts to get the newly uncovered sources released in some fashion pan out.

Thanks

My signed copy (0382) arrived from Amsterdam today. Well packaged, and took only a few days to reach the UK.

Looks wonderful. Hats off to Ian and Phil, as I'm sure this was a real labour of love.

Thanks

Sorry if this was asked before - are there plans for an ebook edition? Thank you in advance, kind regards