Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 LastLast

Thread: Pink Floyd – BBC Radio 1967-1971

Thanks

This pretty much sums it up:

"You're the heroes because you're tracking them all down. They don't mean anything until somebody's actually grabbed hold of them and digitized them in the best way that's possible."

Cheers, guys!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,887 Times in 156 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by neonknight View Post
    Thank you for your posts sumaes, buffalofloyd, diesel10 and snagu. I know many of us have become rather bewildered by lost opportunities in respect of reissues and releases, but firmly believe that a full quality official BBC radio set is not beyond the realms of possibility. I will not repeat any discussions here, of course, so please just keep rooting for us.
    Click here to access my Pink Floyd lists!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 42 Posts

I could very well see Dave and Nick giving the nod to a proper dedicated BBC session release if indeed the newly unearthed recordings are a substantial upgrade in both SQ and completeness.
    "I don't know; I was really drunk at the time." - Henry McCullough

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oldpink View Post
    I could very well see Dave and Nick giving the nod to a proper dedicated BBC session release if indeed the newly unearthed recordings are a substantial upgrade in both SQ and completeness.
    I'm hoping that they are more compelled to release this due to the sincere and incredibly detailed research that went into this. Much different than me simply passing along better quality recordings like I tried to a few years ago. More time has passed since TEY was released so maybe less embarrassing as well. Good luck gentlemen. If this ever sees an official release I hope they give proper thanks to the two who were responsible.

Thanks

At the very least I could see this being a RSD release to help ease the pain. They have put out a few neat things for those days. I have the book in my possession but it's still in it's packaging awaiting my birthday.

Thanks

Default Well said Lennyif!

Quote Originally Posted by Lennyif View Post

It's hard to explain how a chapter in a book about Pink Floyd's BBC sessions could really get in my head and make me have such strong feelings, but I am sure many of you can relate in your own ways. This music after all is a thread that ties seemingly random events in our lives together. It's elemental stuff. Water for the soul.
    I loved reading your thoughts/reactions to Ian and Phil's super book. Your heartfelt words expressed feelings that are common to many, yet are often difficult to express. Cheers to you for sharing, and the authors for their inspiration.

Thanks

We think it will be 6am your time 
    I couldn't face 6am on a wintry Monday, so just listened to the playback now.
    I admit to be trepidatious on your behalf about how the interviewer would go tackling your expert subject matter, but I really enjoyed it all and he was a great presenter.
    That 3rd ping has got me very excited, I can only add my puny voice to the community good vibes now flowing to PF management to get this release happening so I can finally hear it as intended
    Congrats to you both on the wonderful work you have done on this book and on all other aspects of the band.

Thanks

Thoroughly enjoyed the radio interview - great job guys!

Thanks

I've finally had some time to flip through the book and listen to the interview.
    Just wow! It feels like being a small child flipping through a Tintin album for the first time with its thrills.
    Thank you guys so much for all the research and hard work you've put in.
    Good luck with all future projects, hoping for more exciting stuff soon!

Thanks

Finally got to listen to the podcast yesterday and really enjoyed it - nice to get to hear your voices!

Loved especially the bit with the three "pings"
    It made me wonder if you have considered doing an audio version of the book?
    Especially as you could include snippets of all the tracks you are writing about, with whatever is the current legal length for audio examples (30 seconds I believe?), so we could at least here some bits of what you uncovered!