Thread: "I Can't Breathe Anymore" - 1984 Tour

Thanks

Default "I Can't Breathe Anymore" - 1984 Tour

I've recently been listening to a lot of David's 1984 shows, especially the compilation made by floydfan2410 (check it out if you haven't heard it, it's great).

For those of you unfamiliar with David's 1984 tour, we have every song preformed on the tour available from SBD sources, except "Let's Get Metaphysical" and "I Can't Breathe Anymore". floydfan2410's collection luckily has a very good audience source for "Metaphysical" (it also uses audience sources for 3 other songs that can be found in SBD on the Kabuki Theatre boot, so if you happen to be reading this, floydfan, it would be cool to see another revision of your collection!).

The only song not part of this collection that was preformed on the tour was "I Can't Breathe Anymore". So, I wanted to ask for Y!'s opinion on what the best source for this song is? Right now I'm just cheating and using the 1978 "live" version from the promo film, but I wanted to make the collection more authentic with a version from the actual 1984 tour.
    "If I participate in this f***ing effort I hope I'm going to get my gold disc at the end of it. Imagine that!"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JerryIsBored View Post
    I've recently been listening to a lot of David's 1984 shows, especially the compilation made by floydfan2410 (check it out if you haven't heard it, it's great).

For those of you unfamiliar with David's 1984 tour, we have every song preformed on the tour available from SBD sources, except "Let's Get Metaphysical" and "I Can't Breathe Anymore". floydfan2410's collection luckily has a very good audience source for "Metaphysical" (it also uses audience sources for 3 other songs that can be found in SBD on the Kabuki Theatre boot, so if you happen to be reading this, floydfan, it would be cool to see another revision of your collection!).

The only song not part of this collection that was preformed on the tour was "I Can't Breathe Anymore". So, I wanted to ask for Y!'s opinion on what the best source for this song is? Right now I'm just cheating and using the 1978 "live" version from the promo film, but I wanted to make the collection more authentic with a version from the actual 1984 tour.
    Hey thanks for the props
    It's been years since I created that compilation, I almost forgot about it. I always found it sad that the only official release from this tour is only 9 songs, which is less than half of the setlist. I tried my best to mix the different sources together to create a seamless live experience, but as far as I remember it still has some flaws.
    I did not use the Kabuki show because it has too much hiss for my taste. I would love to give it a new try one day and start from scratch.
    Mat "The Doc" Leonard has also done something similar for his Floydpodcast.com, you should definitely check it out.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by floydfan2410 View Post
    Hey thanks for the props
    It's been years since I created that compilation, I almost forgot about it. I always found it sad that the only official release from this tour is only 9 songs, which is less than half of the setlist. I tried my best to mix the different sources together to create a seamless live experience, but as far as I remember it still has some flaws.
    I did not use the Kabuki show because it has too much hiss for my taste. I would love to give it a new try one day and start from scratch.
    Mat "The Doc" Leonard has also done something similar for his Floydpodcast.com, you should definitely check it out.
    I'll definitely check it out, I believe he has one based off of the Hammersmith Show. And I hope you do give it another try, I think the "New Game" version of Kabuki has considerably less hiss than HRV's version. BTW, did you ever think about adding "I Can't Breathe Anymore" to the original compilation?
    "If I participate in this f***ing effort I hope I'm going to get my gold disc at the end of it. Imagine that!"