Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Animals remix september 16th

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thebrew View Post
    Hopefully there will be no complaints about "jeez there's too much high end and gosh it's too harsh sounding".
    Has there ever been a PF remix without complaints? I think we all know there will be. The original has been out there for 45 years, so it is embedded in people's minds. No matter what the new mix sounds like, there will be those that do not like it and those that do.

I love the original album mix, so my hope is that the new mix is significantly different and takes some chances. The last thing I want to hear in a remix is something that is almost the same as before. With all that is going on in Dogs and Sheep, and what they have to work with, there should be plenty of opportunity to add more stereo depth and scope.
    Last edited by Kit Rae; 2022-07-04 at 06:18 PM.
    www.bigmuffpage.com

David Gilmour Tone Building - gear and tone guide
    http://www.kitrae.net/music/David_Gi..._Building.html

Thanks

I pre-ordered the deluxe, an extra copy of the vinyl and the SACD. Guthrie's work on the DSOTM SACD was lame compared to Parsons' quad mix. I thought his work on the WYWH surround mix was remarkable. I hope he repeats that for the Animals mix and eventually the Wall. Maybe Meddle too someday. One can dream.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe59 View Post
    It fell short sonically because it was recorded and mixed in their new studio.
    It certainly didn't help that the album was recorded and mixed on a mediocre MCI console and multitrack.
    Last edited by jchrist1946; 2022-07-04 at 06:15 PM.

Thanks

I'm making a list of a fantasy boxed set / immersion edition companion to go along with the remix. What else do we have available that could go in this?

AUDIO
    You've Got to Be Crazy - Wembley 1974 officially released only on the WYWH Immersion Edition
    Raving and Drooling - Wembley 1974 officially released only on the WYWH Immersion Edition
    Pigs on the Wing Extended Version - The one from the original 8-track tape release, and the one Snowy released in 1995 on Goldtop.
    Animals radio advert from 1977

The Animals Extraction Tapes - work in progress mixes
    1. Dogs - different vocal takes and different guitar parts, solos, and keyboard parts than the final version
    2. Raving and Drooling (Sheep) - different lyrics and different keyboards than the final version
    3. Pigs (three different ones) - different vocal takes, different guitar parts, no talk-box solo.

VIDEO
    Animals album cover photo shoot - the 1977 behind the scenes footage with the band and crew, plus the V&A documentary
    Animals tv commercial from 1977

8mm concert films - Are there others than these?
    Cincinnati, Ohio June 23, 1977
    Cleveland, Ohio June 25th, 1977
    Anaheim, California May 6, 1977
    Olympiahalle, Munich March 1, 1977
    Vienna, Austria February 1, 1977

Live recording of your choice - we have several great ones to choose from, like Jim's Best of '77 mix, MSG, Oakland/Animal Instincts Rev B, et cetera
    www.bigmuffpage.com

David Gilmour Tone Building - gear and tone guide
    http://www.kitrae.net/music/David_Gi..._Building.html

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe59 View Post
    Even with the evidence in plain sight so many still disbelieved the hype sticker.

Listening once again to Jim's incredible Best of NA Tour 1977 in quad. It doesn't get much better than this!
    got a link R?
    ...any Floyd, is good floyd....
    visit the #1 Knopfler forum in the world at:

www.amarkintime.org/forum

1994.09.02, Werchter Festival Grounds - PF
    2011.06.18, ESPRIT Arena, Düsseldorf - RW
    2013.07.20, Werchter Festival Grounds --> full circle - RW
    2015.09.19, König Pilsener Arena, Oberhausen - DG
    2016.07.28, Grote Markt, Tienen - DG
    2018.09.08, Stadsschouwburg, Antwerpen - NM
    2021.05.19, Messe+Congress Centrum Halle, Münster - NM......YESSSSSSS

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pottel View Post
    got a link R?
    Here ya go.

http://yeeshkul.com/forum/showthread...t+Of+Tour+Quad

FYI, I had to use the SEARCH feature to find this.

Thanks
    Thanked 37,032 Times in 441 Posts

Just a quick reminder that jimfisheye re-evaluated his best of production and found flaws in it 🙂 CWTAE is not right - something must’ve been wrong with the tapes. The Animals Rough Mixes are unlikely to be improved upon, however.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by neonknight View Post
    Just a quick reminder that jimfisheye re-evaluated his best of production and found flaws in it  CWTAE is not right - something must’ve been wrong with the tapes. The Animals Rough Mixes are unlikely to be improved upon, however.
    With any luck some low gen Oakland copies will fix the issue with CWTAE

Thanks
    Thanked 37,032 Times in 441 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RemembranceCCF View Post
    With any luck some low gen Oakland copies will fix the issue with CWTAE
    If anyone decides to press on please drop me a line because I can probably assist.

Thanks

... found this digging back in the "Pink Floyd - The Press Reports" book by Vernon Fitch
    I've not got the original article itself...but take from this what you will.

Sounds (U.K) published an article about Pink Floyd's new studio (this article apparently published around end of 76' start of 77')

NOTE: The following interview has been edited from the book by myself...(just to keep things more concise)

Interviewer:
    The studio is a converted church hall in Islington, and was built for exclusive use by Pink Floyd. Nick Mason explained:

Nick Mason: "The design criteria for the studio were related directly to our needs. For one thing, the building also contains our PA
    store, lighting, store, group office and workshop. For example, we're using DBX instead of Dolby because it's easier."

Interviewer:
    As to whether it is state of the art Mason added:

Nick Mason:"Well, it probably represents the state of the art in low budget studio design. I mean it hasn't got every wonderful innovation. After all it's for our use
    so we looked for a cheap system to fulfill most of our needs."

Interviewer:
    The equipment in the studio is from the American Company, MCI, with an MCI 32-into-24 track desk, MCI24, 4, and 2 track tape machines, three Revoxes,
    and a Nakamichi cassette deck. There also are two stereo parametric equalizers, two digital delay lines, plus phasers and flangers.

Interviewer:
    Mason said about the acoustics:

Nick Mason: I]"I'm afraid it's not as good as we hoped, although the studio sounds quite quiet."[/I]