Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Animals remix september 16th

Thanks

Default Ooooh, the brand new 2018 remix!

It's very odd seeing the 2018 mix listed as a new release. I don't think that the general public will understand that this is actually new, and I expect sales will suffer. (Which the music industry will doubtless see as a sign that Animals isn't popular, and will hereafter shy away from a proper deluxe reissue.) Oh well, at least I can always count on you folks at Yeeshkul! to come through!

Thanks

I have ordered the Deluxe Amazon Uk £50 I got promotions with £7.99 off. I can’t wait until I get my hands on the 5.1. It’s been long time coming I know with box set you are buying multiple Album, CD, Blu ray and DVD. There is a nice 32 page book too I thought I would be paying a lot more for this.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Swirling Panpot View Post
    Perhaps one of our fine contributors would like to build such a "box set" as a single torrent. All 8mm footage, all outtakes, and maybe a single setlist combining multiple best versions from different shows to create the ultimate Animals tour live show? We have all the material - it just needs to be assembled and curated.
    I can certainly assist in that regard. Vienna and Anaheim will have mild upgrades at least once I finish removing the frame tearing in Vienna's case. It would certainly be interesting to see how feasible it is to cobble what equates to a concert out of 8mm sources

Thanks

Mercifully, you can get just the cd or just the lp of the remix from the PF store if that is more your speed, and that certainly is my speed. Nice to see them offer the multiple options from the get-go. $11 for the cd suits me fine.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe59 View Post
    32 page book.
    Wow, sounds very lavish to me. And as a very special Bonus, this book will probably contain as well a vast number of letters, right?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RemembranceCCF View Post
    I can certainly assist in that regard. Vienna and Anaheim will have mild upgrades at least once I finish removing the frame tearing in Vienna's case. It would certainly be interesting to see how feasible it is to cobble what equates to a concert out of 8mm sources
    Syncing it up to best of tour 77 and adding the screenfilms in (via dusty tapes), you could make a damn good experience out of that, me thinks…
    "Trip Out Beyond 3rd Bardo"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Swirling Panpot View Post
    Perhaps one of our fine contributors would like to build such a "box set" as a single torrent. All 8mm footage, all outtakes, and maybe a single setlist combining multiple best versions from different shows to create the ultimate Animals tour live show? We have all the material - it just needs to be assembled and curated.
    aye aye
    i for one second this. no pun intended
    ...any Floyd, is good floyd....
    visit the #1 Knopfler forum in the world at:

www.amarkintime.org/forum

1994.09.02, Werchter Festival Grounds - PF
    2011.06.18, ESPRIT Arena, Düsseldorf - RW
    2013.07.20, Werchter Festival Grounds --> full circle - RW
    2015.09.19, König Pilsener Arena, Oberhausen - DG
    2016.07.28, Grote Markt, Tienen - DG
    2018.09.08, Stadsschouwburg, Antwerpen - NM
    2021.05.19, Messe+Congress Centrum Halle, Münster - NM......YESSSSSSS

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UnwoundBob85 View Post
    Syncing it up to best of tour 77 and adding the screenfilms in (via dusty tapes), you could make a damn good experience out of that, me thinks…
    Agreed and I hope someone takes this approach. I have had this same thought before but no longer have the time to do a proper job.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,154 Times in 43 Posts

All griping about the content of this aside, I'm really puzzled about which version to get.
    I'm still interested in the 5.1 and remix together, but (I'm sure I'm missing something here) I'm only seeing either the remixed CD or the vinyl box set.
    I have no interest in vinyl, so I'm looking for the digital only version of the 5.1 and remix; and yes, the inclusion of a magnificent live recording from the "In the Flesh" tour would have been nice, but it's puzzling that anyone ever believed that was likely.
    We already have multiple recordings from the tour that are damn near official release quality.
    "I don't know; I was really drunk at the time." - Henry McCullough

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oldpink View Post
    All griping about the content of this aside, I'm really puzzled about which version to get.
    I'm still interested in the 5.1 and remix together, but (I'm sure I'm missing something here) I'm only seeing either the remixed CD or the vinyl box set.
    I have no interest in vinyl, so I'm looking for the digital only version of the 5.1 and remix; and yes, the inclusion of a magnificent live recording from the "In the Flesh" tour would have been nice, but it's puzzling that anyone ever believed that was likely.
    We already have multiple recordings from the tour that are damn near official release quality.
    shop.pinkfloyd.com has a blu-ray version with 16 page book, 2018 stereo mix 24/192, 2018 5.1 mix 24/96, and 1977 stereo 24/192