Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Roger Waters 6th july 2022 live

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Real Wizard View Post
    Not my video, but I fully agree with that sentiment - if you want to be close to the stage, you'll see the band but you'll miss much of the production. I'd say half way back and centred is ideal.
    I have gotten nosebleed or cheap seats for every Roger tour from 1999 - 2017 and have always ended up glad I did. $30 - $50 each time roughly, and I have been able to fully enjoy all of the visuals easily. Roger's team does a great job with sound, too, so even in my distant seats, I had pretty much perfect sound. With Roger, there are no bad seats, and props to him for that.

Thanks

Here's my review of the Toronto gigs - I knew it and didn't even mention it, as there are far bigger fish to fry. This show is one of the greatest things I've ever experienced.

https://bobsinnermusings.blogspot.co...not-drill.html[/QUOTE]

Thanks Wizard, that was a nice read.

Thanks

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by The Real Wizard View Post
    Bang on.

Here's my review of the Toronto gigs - I knew it and didn't even mention it, as there are far bigger fish to fry. This show is one of the greatest things I've ever experienced.

https://bobsinnermusings.blogspot.co...not-drill.html
    I'm glad you enjoyed the show but I just can't do it. Calling it "politics" is missing the point. I can't support a man who thinks the world's problems are the West's fault, apologizes for Putin, and allows himself to be used as a pawn by Russian media. He is not the first hero of mine to cross the line to untouchable and he won't be the last.

I'll re-buy Animals because it was a band effort and because it was made before Roger went over the edge. I'm staying home on the 16th. If someone gave me a ticket to his tour, I'd burn it. I'll be at Nick's show on 9/27.
    Seeking the following:
    • PIL
    • Arcade Fire
    • My Bloody Valentine

Thanks

I´m glad that this forum is staying more or less outside politics, there are everywhere anyway. I had my issues with Roger too, since I couldn´t stand his views regarding foxhunting, but Pink Floyd is giving me so much in life that I want to ignore these issues.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by movement View Post
    I'm glad you enjoyed the show but I just can't do it. Calling it "politics" is missing the point. I can't support a man who thinks the world's problems are the West's fault, apologizes for Putin, and allows himself to be used as a pawn by Russian media. He is not the first hero of mine to cross the line to untouchable and he won't be the last.

I'll re-buy Animals because it was a band effort and because it was made before Roger went over the edge. I'm staying home on the 16th. If someone gave me a ticket to his tour, I'd burn it. I'll be at Nick's show on 9/27.
    Coming around to that same state of mind after reading the linked review, which makes this show sound about as appealing as two hours of reading some college freshman's twitter feed. Leaning towards stubhubbing my tickets and f'ing off to the bar.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,103 Times in 21 Posts

The screen graphics, stage presentation were a distraction and uncomfortable at times. Paid more attention to the music, sound, and tuned everything else out.

Thanks

I went to the show last night and enjoyed it. I didn't have a problem with the politics of the show (mostly equal human rights) and I did enjoy hearing some of those deep cuts. What I found most annoying were 3 cackling women in front of me talking loud the WHOLE time. Why come to a show if your just talking the whole damn time. Get yourself a nose bleed for $35 if your on the fence, some cool stuff in the show.