Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Roger Waters 6th july 2022 live

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by s--k View Post
    I had view of him and didn't have reason to believe he wasn't actually singing.

Has Roger lip-synced this or other songs before?
    Other songs many many times before but I don't know about Sheep. Judging from recordings from last night a lot of unexpected tracks actually seemed live like Have A Cigar, Run Like Hell and Sheep. I'm also happy to see he's not leaning as heavily on the door of having other people in the band sing entire songs like on the last few tours...

Thanks

I have tickets to see him 4x this run, as there is a decent chance it could be the last. I tried to avoid the spoilers, but I'm just not strong enough 😝

My mind was blown when I saw Shine On 6-9 on the set list. Never thought I would be able to see a full rendition of that in the year 2022.

Thanks

Roger is lipsyncing to the EXACT same In The Flesh playback he had for the The Wall tour, I guess?

:|

Thanks

I live in Europe I will go and see. I wasn’t that impressed with US & Them tour in 2018 listening to the three songs that were broadcast it is me of is trying to totally change these songs away from Pink Floyd sound??

Thanks

I was slightly disappointed that Shine On 9, that lovely piano ending was dropped from what's really part 6-8, I was really looking forward to it and it never came! I'm very pleased with the setlist, pleased the vocals sound live and glad that it seems to have a better energy to it in general than the (in my view over-) polished sets/performances from Us and Them.

How's the new sax player?
    Roger Waters @ Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam, Netherlands - 19/06/2018
    Nick Mason @ Portsmouth Guildhall, UK - 23/09/2018
    Nick Mason @ O2, UK 03/03/2020
    Nick Mason @ Royal Albert Hall, UK, 23/04/2022

Thanks

after just one listen, i have to say my only gripe is that this show is playing arenas instead of theaters. most of the songs are distinctly un-floydian in flavour (and some of the floyd songs sound like they've been arranged for inclusion on the album "is this the life we really want"). i do like that he's singing live much more than in the past few tours, and he's letting the band be a band, with an individual sound... and not forcing them to play everything note for note. but it feels like he's forcing the show to be BIG like PF, and it's not even close. i'm not getting the visual side, of course, and maybe that makes all the difference, but i don't think having my eyes fully engaged would make a huge difference. just from what i can HEAR, this show doesn't belong in an arena. it's far more intimate than that (and could be more so, to my taste)... i really like the new CN arrangement, and would love a studio version (or a clean sbd version)...

the band sounds under-rehearsed in spots, and i miss lucius' vocals...

but i'll probably try to make a trip out to one of the later shows, based upon what i'm hearing. i can always close my eyes if they get too over-stimulated...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AnyColourYouLike View Post
    I have tickets to see him 4x this run, as there is a decent chance it could be the last. I tried to avoid the spoilers, but I'm just not strong enough 

My mind was blown when I saw Shine On 6-9 on the set list. Never thought I would be able to see a full rendition of that in the year 2022.
    unfortunately, strangely, it doesn't look like they'll be playing the whole thing. without the final part it almost feels like an afterthought, simply tacked on to the end of 'wish you were here.'
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks

SPOILER WARNING

Welp, turns out Roger is lip-syncing Sheep. Shame, I was genuinely excited to see how he would sing it differently throughout the tour but oh well I guess.
    Concerts:

Roger Waters - Philadelphia, 2017.

Ozzy Osbourne - Camden, NJ, 2018.

Thanks

Default Recording?

Quote Originally Posted by snsik View Post
    Anyone will try to record it?

Listen to iHeartRadio Live This Is Not A Drill on opening night from Pittsburgh. July 6 at 10pm ET/ 7pm PT on the Classic Rock channel. #iHeartRogerWaters

https://www.facebook.com/10004460931...dJ2vl/?app=fbl
    Someone find the recording? Tnks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Have A Cigar View Post
    SPOILER WARNING

Welp, turns out Roger is lip-syncing Sheep. Shame, I was genuinely excited to see how he would sing it differently throughout the tour but oh well I guess.
    What a horror that you have so much leisure time to be watching lip synchronicity. a staging is being offered, it is not an opera display or a voice contest... it is roger offering a story with much more important concepts such as minority rights than paying attention if his lips move with respect to the video.