Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Dave K And David G Live

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    403
    Thanks
    125
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Dave Kilminster And David Gilmour Live Careers With Waters

    (Another sign of time passing so fast)

    So correct me if I'm wrong here....

    Dave K has now been playing live as a band member with Roger than David G did !!!

    It seems odd now that Gilmour only did 13 (long) years with Roger.
    (excluding Live 8)

    Dave K joined Roger in 2006 and is still there.

    That was Rogers best band 2006-07 in my opinion.
    Not keen on this bunch, but at least those two strange girls have gone.

    Just a silly little pointless fact for a sunny day that somebody else has probably run a thread about.
    Last edited by yyz; 2022-07-09 at 04:56 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,404
    Thanks
    981
    Thanked 634 Times in 20 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yyz View Post
    (Another sign of time passing so fast)

    So correct me if I'm wrong here....

    Dave K has now been playing live as a band member with Roger than David G did !!!

    It seems odd now that Gilmour only did 13 (long) years with Roger.
    (excluding Live 8)

    Dave K joined Roger in 2006 and is still there.

    That was Rogers best band 2006-07 in my opinion.
    Not keen on this bunch, but at least those two strange girls have gone.

    Just a silly little pointless fact for a sunny day that somebody else has probably run a thread about.
    I believe Guy Pratt falls into a similar boat. Especially now that he's in Nick's band. John Carin as well.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    403
    Thanks
    125
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lennyif View Post
    I believe Guy Pratt falls into a similar boat. Especially now that he's in Nick's band. John Carin as well.
    Why yes of course, I never thought of them.
    Difference is Dave K deserves a medal !
    LOL

    It all makes it feel like the classic Floyd was a very short lived band.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,404
    Thanks
    981
    Thanked 634 Times in 20 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yyz View Post
    Why yes of course, I never thought of them.
    Difference is Dave K deserves a medal !
    LOL

    It all makes it feel like the classic Floyd was a very short lived band.
    Yeah, probably so. Tough gig. He does it well too. Ditto for the other guys mentioned.

    In the grand scheme of things, it really was short lived. 1967 - 1979? Now I full expect a multi page brawl about what constitutes "Classic Floyd" Haha.

    Even if you just say 67-94, that's not all that long from a 2022 perspective.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Portland, UK
    Posts
    153
    Thanks
    67
    Thanked 70 Times in 1 Post

    Default

    The one that gets me is that Jon Carin has worked longer with both Gilmour (1985-2016 - 31 years) and Waters (1999-2022 - 23 years) than the two worked together (1968-1985 - 17 years). And even he hasn't managed to avoid the conflict for ever, it seems!
    Roger Waters @ Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam, Netherlands - 19/06/2018
    Nick Mason @ Portsmouth Guildhall, UK - 23/09/2018
    Nick Mason @ O2, UK 03/03/2020
    Nick Mason @ Royal Albert Hall, UK, 23/04/2022

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    209
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    And then one day you find ten years have got behind you.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    403
    Thanks
    125
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Clutching at straws now but here's another one ....

    Polly Samson has worked with Gilmour longer than Roger !

    LOL

    Not sure if she was a member of Floyd longer than Roger
    with her lyrical input ? (If you can call it that!)
    Last edited by yyz; 2022-07-13 at 06:13 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •