Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pink Floyd - Animals: A visual history by Glenn Povey

Thanks
    Thanked 4,386 Times in 82 Posts

Default Pink Floyd - Animals: A visual history by Glenn Povey

I just finished “reading” the new Povey book and it is rather disappointing. The book feels rushed, the paper quality a little sub-par, the pictures in somewhat poor resolution and a lot of filler text (e.g. an endless list of bootlegs). Definitely feel a bit gypped for the price. The shipping to Canada was abusive considering this is a tiny book too!

Anybody else read this?
    Last edited by plegault; 2022-08-02 at 02:25 AM.
    --
    Regards,
    Phil

Thanks

Hate to hear that it's a let down. I pre-ordered the "Deluxe Edition" which doesn't ship until August 30. Total cost was $173, so hopefully I'll find some value out of it.

Will post my thoughts once I receive it.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,372 Times in 47 Posts

I would be interested in review of US tours book that is due coming out. I'm only really interested how he handles 1966-1968 period and is there new documents/photos that were uncovered.

Thanks

Oh I was waiting this book.
    These reviews are disappointing. Really looking forward for other opinions.
    Fearlessly, the idiot faced the crowd...

Smiling...

Thanks

Still waiting for mine to arrive. The shipping charges these days are sobering.

Thanks

As the owner of literally dozens of Floyd related books I can safely say that any Floyd book is a good book. However, as much as I appreciate a concentrated look at my favourite Floyd album and tour, I'm left very underwhelmed with the amount of content. For the price of the book and the outrageous shipping costs (I didn't even get the deluxe edition) this was not a good ROI. I love Glenn's books and thought this would be inline with the level of content in the High Hopes book (about early pre Floyd Gilmour) which was FANTASTIC. Be aware this is a very small and skimpy look at what continues to be a woefully under documented period in the Floyd's history.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sumaes View Post
    Hate to hear that it's a let down. I pre-ordered the "Deluxe Edition" which doesn't ship until August 30. Total cost was $173, so hopefully I'll find some value out of it.

Will post my thoughts once I receive it.
    15 days after the new date was announced and still no shipment...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hallucalation View Post
    I would be interested in review of US tours book that is due coming out. I'm only really interested how he handles 1966-1968 period and is there new documents/photos that were uncovered.
    the preview already showed a new Wall picture, so i hope there are going to be more new pics

but the preview for the Animals book also showed 2 new pics, and they turned out to be the only new pics in the entire book...
    Sitting in my english Garden, waiting for the Sun

Thanks

Default I'm quite happy with this one.

I like the new Glenn Povey Animals book. No, it's not huge, but Glenn collects tons of useful information and cool photos into one great reference. About half of the photos are new to me, as are numerous promotional items, which I love seeing. Having photos of all of the cover variations and the boots is great too. I'm completely happy with the purchase, and would certainly buy others should Glenn decide to make this into a series.

Thanks

"Thank you for purchasing Pink Floyd - The Animals book!

Unfortunately it has been discovered that the printers have sent this out in the wrong size. The copy you have received is 210x210mm and it should actually be 295x295mm. We sincerely apologise for this error.

Please be assured that the manufacturers are reprinting these at the correct size and you will receive the book that was intended at the beginning of October.

Sincerest apologies for this error!

Regards

Customer Services"