Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Isolated Tracks

Thanks

Default Isolated Tracks

I've always been fascinated with isolated tracks. Not too long ago, there was an isolated portion of Us and Them recently posted here to see what Dave might be saying off-mic. There have also been some tracks where narrators were wiped from TV and radio broadcasts. There was a boost of Dave's scatting at the end of Money. I wish there was more of this--on YouTube, of course. There's quite a bit when it comes to other artists. I have a few in mind I think would be interesting. One would be the end of Wish You Were Here, to hear if Stephane Grappelli was really on the original track. The other would be Grantchester Meadows with the bird loop extracted - so I can finally listen to the song in peace. I suppose this is a veiled request! Anyone else itching to have something isolated? If so, what would it be?
    Last edited by demamo; 2022-09-11 at 06:03 AM. Reason: typos!

Thanks

Thumbs up Echoes isolated tracks

There are several isolated variants of "Echoes" here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4w...7J4e5vA/videos

Resourcefulness and bravery
    Courage and good luck!
    In trouble don't get confused-
    That's the main challenge!

TBS14

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by YASHA View Post
    There are several isolated variants of "Echoes" here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4w...7J4e5vA/videos
    Those are covers. Decently well done, but definitely not the original recording.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by demamo View Post
    I've always been fascinated with isolated tracks. Not too long ago, there was an isolated portion of Us and Them recently posted here to see what Dave might be saying off-mic. There have also been some tracks where narrators were wiped from TV and radio broadcasts. There was a boost of Dave's scatting at the end of Money. I wish there was more of this--on YouTube, of course. There's quite a bit when it comes to other artists. I have a few in mind I think would be interesting. One would be the end of Wish You Were Here, to hear if Stephane Grappelli was really on the original track. The other would be Grantchester Meadows with the bird loop extracted - so I can finally listen to the song in peace. I suppose this is a veiled request! Anyone else itching to have something isolated? If so, what would it be?
    Itíd be great if there were official isolated tracks from Pink Floyd that weíre available to the public, but the only stuff thatís available is snippets of songs from DSOTM and WYWH from the classic albums documentary and some BBC radio interview.
    Another option that most people can achieve is isolating the centre or the side channels of any song using mid-side processing. There are mid-side plug ins that enable you to isolate either channels to achieve an Ďisolatedí sound however, in doing so will only isolate a few instruments at once, for example,
    Isolating the centre channel for Breathe (In the Air) will isolate the vocals, drums, bass and slide guitar. Isolating the side channels will give you the guitar, ricks keys, some of the overhead drum mics, and any reverb present.

This isnít the most effective way to isolate tracks, but it is an alternative to those websites that poorly isolate each individual instrument.

Iíll stop rambling since no one asked and actually answer your question, Iíd choose Echoes live at Pompeii, Us and Them, Echoes live at Wembley, Time, Pigs (TDO), SOYCD 1-9, Welcome to The Machine, Eclipse, and Dogs.

Thanks

You can pretty easily create 5-8 isolated tracks out of almost any audio and even mono which you can remix into stereo using a program like Ripx

https://hitnmix.com/

AI stem creation is pretty amazing

Thanks

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by jmr View Post
    Those are covers. Decently well done, but definitely not the original recording.

Yes, it is.

However, given the policy of PF management, it is impossible to expect such gifts of fate

Resourcefulness and bravery
    Courage and good luck!
    In trouble don't get confused-
    That's the main challenge!

TBS14

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by swanlee View Post
    You can pretty easily create 5-8 isolated tracks out of almost any audio and even mono which you can remix into stereo using a program like Ripx

https://hitnmix.com/

AI stem creation is pretty amazing
    Some good starting points are the quad mixes, where many elements are already isolated or at least stripped somewhat out of the full mix. Using software one might apply to each of the four quad channels might result in some pretty good isolations.
    Floyd First Since 1978

Thanks

Also after you have created separate audio stems (discrete audio channels) with Ripx you can easily remix them using audacity which is free

https://www.audacityteam.org/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by demamo View Post
    I've always been fascinated with isolated tracks... The other would be Grantchester Meadows with the bird loop extracted - so I can finally listen to the song in peace. I suppose this is a veiled request! Anyone else itching to have something isolated? If so, what would it be?
    Listening to it without the bird loop is fun, sometimes I listen to GM this way, even if philologically incorrect: I think Roger Waters wanted to create a contrast between the ecological spirit of the song and the annoying loop ...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by swanlee View Post
    Also after you have created separate audio stems (discrete audio channels) with Ripx you can easily remix them using audacity which is free

https://www.audacityteam.org/
    I wish I had the chops to do this stuff.