Thread: RW IEM click track

Thanks

Default RW IEM click track

I captured a pretty good IEM feed of the Vancouver RW gig Sept 15 2022
    As we all know RW uses click and cues. I have lots of experience doing general cleanup and such with IEM sources but is anyone an expert in reducing click track? I can only do so much before it gets very degraded. Taking them out one by one would take far too long.

There are 3 great AUD sources to make a matrix with btw.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to LeifH For This Useful Post:

Audioarchivist (2022-09-22),Booster (2022-09-28),Ello_Guvner (2022-09-19),Roscoe59 (2022-09-18),Skinny12 (2022-09-21),toxie (2022-09-20),WorldmanOne (2022-09-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LeifH View Post
    I captured a pretty good IEM feed of the Vancouver RW gig Sept 15 2022
    As we all know RW uses click and cues. I have lots of experience doing general cleanup and such with IEM sources but is anyone an expert in reducing click track? I can only do so much before it gets very degraded. Taking them out one by one would take far too long.

There are 3 great AUD sources to make a matrix with btw.
    I, for one, am fascinated to peek behind the scenes so to speak, and hear the click track and cues. FWIW, I don't have any suggestions or experience in reducing the click track. The only thought I had was in the "unmixing" / stem separation software that's become available, but I don't expect that to help in this case because I'd expect the click track to remain merged with the percussion track mainly. Still, if you are very patient perhaps there will be less overall degradation that way. But that's just my conjecture; as I said I don't have any actual experience.

Thanks

Yeah he seems to use a lot of click and cues, I seem to mind on the last us and them tour there was a couple of iem one had click but other did not or even his cues i think that was from either tampa or italy? not to sure as i have them somewhere as with the wall aswell but both were pretty good to listen to and gives you a insight into how they do the live shows from there point of view and if we can get to hear your own iem gig then that be something pretty sweet and a real treat to hear as i think you'd be first person to have a iem of a show form this tour. There may be people on youtube videos who can help out about removing click and other stuff you may like to do aswell.

Thanks

Does your recording have any sections where the click sound is isolated, with no other sounds playing at all? Some noise reduction tools can generate a profile of a given sound and remove it. Whether or not it gives acceptable results really depends on how clean your sample is, and how intrusive it is in the rest of the recording.

Thanks

I am very curious to the click track would be nice if you can share it 😇