Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roger Waters 1984 Tour video

Thanks

Default Roger Waters 1984 Tour video

Can anyone tell me what video from Roger Waters' 1984 tour exists? Dates and locations? I have only found the 7/29/84 Toronto show, but I swore there were a couple more.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lecher View Post
    Can anyone tell me what video from Roger Waters' 1984 tour exists? Dates and locations? I have only found the 7/29/84 Toronto show, but I swore there were a couple more.
    They're all in the RW Video list here; http://yeeshkul.com/forum/showthread...ers-Video-List

We have video for;

1984-06-21- Earl's Court, London, United Kingdom (Incomplete, runs 33 minutes)
    1984-07-21- Brendan Byrne Arena, New Jersey, USA (Missing 5:11 A.M., The Moment Of Clarity)
    1984-07-29- Maple Leaf Gardens, Toronto Canada (Complete)
    1984-07-31- The Forum Montreal (Complete)

And, although not 1984, one single 1985 date on video.

1985-03-21- Buffalo Memorial Auditorium, New York, USA (Complete)

If you want some generational information (if you care about those kinds of things), I'll gladly go into detail!
    "Trip Out Beyond 3rd Bardo"

Thanks

Then I think I met the filmer of the two Canadian shows. Either that or by some massive coincidence, two of the four only known 1984 shows to be filmed were filmed by more than one guy. More to follow, he's supposed to call me tonite. Anyone happen to know the name of the person who filmed the two Canadian shows that circulate?

Thanks

Then I think I met the filmer of the two Canadian shows. Either that or by some massive coincidence, two of the four only known 1984 shows to be filmed were filmed by more than one guy. More to follow, he's supposed to call me tonite. Anyone happen to know the name of the person who filmed the two Canadian shows that circulate?
    The 1984-07-29 show has no known filmer, at least according to the pair of sources for this date available on Y!. However, a lower-generation tape has yet to surface, so it's possible the name isn't known because of this, the information having been lost to time.

The 1984-07-31 show has two names attached to the video. On "The Pros & Cons Of Early Bootlegs" it's Pierre, and on "Leaving The Watery Depths", it's credited to Syd Crain. The other two sources of the same recording are attributed to "Unknown Taper". To add more providence that it is Pierre who shot the 07-31-84 date, the filmer of the 1987-11-06 show mentions Pierre by name for having shot the Montreal 84 gig, and being in attendance at the '87 show with him. Here's an excerpt from his story;

"I met Pierre who went to the show with me but did not film. He is a big Roger Waters fan also. He filmed the last show of the tour with Eric Clapton in Montreal in 1984. So he was excited about seeing this show and not needing to film. I would be filming this time."

The full origin of that recording was shared in this thread if you'd like to read the whole thing; http://yeeshkul.com/forum/showthread...a-2xDVD5/page2

My guess is that Syd Crain is the one that provided the Low-Gen VHS used on "Leaving The Watery Depths", but was NOT the filmer.

I hope this helped you out some. Do keep us posted here on how your call with him went!

If anyone else knows anything more about these video dates than I do, please reply to the thread. I'd love to hear more about these shows.

Thanks

He hasn't called yet, but the person I spoke to is Dave. I'll leave his last name out of it as I haven't asked him if it's OK to credit him, nor do I have anything in my possession to credit him for, but I will ask him if he's aware of anyone named Pierre or Syd who might have assisted him.

Thanks

Updated news: "Dave" called me last night. He has no knowledge of Pierre or Syd Crain. He claims he usually filmed from Section 52 at MLG, which he said was next to the stage. Pierre, I recall, seemed to favor somewhere way in the back corner. So, it looks likely that we will have a second angle for the two Canadian Waters shows. I tried to get him set up on my FTP server, but he was hesitant to do so because he didn't want to be tracked. I can respect that. So, to start me off, he's putting some DVDs onto a thumb drive and snail mailing them. A Jon Anderson show from 1980 (HOLY PHUQ!!!) and 2 Jethro Tull shows from '82 and '84. He claims to have filmed 50 or 60 shows from 1980 to 2000, and his buddy audiotaped shows as far back as the Kitchener Yes show in '72, and he mentioned a Bruford/Moraz show from El Macombo that he filmed. He also has a Gilmour solo show from '84 I think. All of these were filmed on Betamax, but he's had some converted to DVD over the past couple years. More to follow...

Thanks

Updated news: "Dave" called me last night. He has no knowledge of Pierre or Syd Crain. He claims he usually filmed from Section 52 at MLG, which he said was next to the stage. Pierre, I recall, seemed to favor somewhere way in the back corner. So, it looks likely that we will have a second angle for the two Canadian Waters shows. I tried to get him set up on my FTP server, but he was hesitant to do so because he didn't want to be tracked. I can respect that. So, to start me off, he's putting some DVDs onto a thumb drive and snail mailing them. A Jon Anderson show from 1980 (HOLY PHUQ!!!) and 2 Jethro Tull shows from '82 and '84. He claims to have filmed 50 or 60 shows from 1980 to 2000, and his buddy audiotaped shows as far back as the Kitchener Yes show in '72, and he mentioned a Bruford/Moraz show from El Macombo that he filmed. He also has a Gilmour solo show from '84 I think. All of these were filmed on Betamax, but he's had some converted to DVD over the past couple years. More to follow...
    This is an interesting development for sure! I am excited to see if something comes of this. Even if not, it's awesome to give some kind of credence to a few rumors I've read over the last couple years that there are PaC shows with multiple video recordings from fans in attendance. Thank you for sharing the update, and I look forward to hearing more !

Another question, if you don't mind me asking; did "Dave" mention only filming shows at MLG, or were other similar venues in the area also places of interest for him to film shows? The reason I ask is because Waters performed at MLG once again in 1985, and there's only audio of that show currently in circulation, no video component.

Thanks

WHAT?? I would love to see that! And any other Yes related material he may have...

Thanks

Amazing!
    A multicam Waters 80's show sounds incredible!
    And I would love to see that Gilmour 1984 video as well!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UnwoundBob85 View Post
    Another question, if you don't mind me asking; did "Dave" mention only filming shows at MLG, or were other similar venues in the area also places of interest for him to film shows? The reason I ask is because Waters performed at MLG once again in 1985, and there's only audio of that show currently in circulation, no video component.
    He changed what he's sending. The Anderson 1980 show, The Tull 1982 show, and a Yes show from 1991 in Buffalo, NY. So, yes (pardon the pun), he was filming in other venues. This first round is to introduce me to his filming style and quality. In his words, "We were 20-year-old idiots with no clue about what we were doing." The Anderson show was one of his first, and apparently his CAMERA blew a fuse after 25 or so minutes, so it's not the whole show. However, the Tull footage is most likely historic for the fact that there are very few photos and very little video of the Broadsword North American stage setup, with the ship's hull, and certainly no complete concerts. By the time they hit Europe (there is a pro-shot from Rome from that tour), the ship was gone and the theatrics were scaled down. Assuming I get the OK to put it out there, Tull fans are gonna lose their sh*t over that one.

The thumb drive is scheduled to get to me by the 19th. I wish we were successful in getting the FTP working, but such is life. I'll ask him about the Waters shows and see if he filmed anything beyond 1984. More to follow...