Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Happy birthday, Crackers!

Thanks

I remember receiving this boot, probably from Pied Piper from NYC, and playing it with friends under all sorts of chemical alterations. What a revelation! We were all blown away - still my favorite version of ASOS, and a real contender for Eugene. The ending of One Of These Days is also notable.

Peanuts, popcorn, hot dogs!
    Floyd First Since 1978

Thanks

Smile

this is my favorite live '72 performance for Careful With That Axe, Eugene for the post-scream insane guitar solo the vibrato ascendo/cresendo just kills everything. For the pre-scream, haunting Roger "whispering" before the scream Boeblingen is my favorite '72 live performance.
    The drumming is furious, amazing; the whole second set is kick-ass. Celestial Voices is particularly epic; I remember the 8mm footage.
    "One Of These Days" is certainly here my favorite 72 live performance. David Gilmour's guitar is insane. Sometimes it sounds like the end of "Layla" on lapsteel, but here, on live, we are in another dimension : sounds like a little grey UFO is landing (no no I don't need to go to the dentist, just went in yesterday! pleaseeeeee). Then again the drumming is brilliant.

For the Dark Side early Eclipse, another mythic recording "The Best Of Tour '72" is my favorite.
    Last edited by abronsius; 2022-09-23 at 06:04 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Swirling Panpot View Post
    I remember receiving this boot, probably from Pied Piper from NYC, and playing it with friends under all sorts of chemical alterations. What a revelation! We were all blown away - still my favorite version of ASOS, and a real contender for Eugene. The ending of One Of These Days is also notable.

Peanuts, popcorn, hot dogs!
    One of These Days is amazing on this date.

Thanks

Default My version is speeded up

Great boot but unfortunately mine is speeded up and runs too fast

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot79 View Post
    Great boot but unfortunately mine is speeded up and runs too fast
    May I suggest http://yeeshkul.com/forum/showthread...058#post236058 ? I think you'll find it to your liking.
    "You get your chance to try in the twinkling of an eye in eighty years with luck or even less."

Thanks
    Thanked 37,870 Times in 442 Posts

Is there any possibility that Hollywood Bowl was broadcast on the radio? See the claim here: https://www.progrock.co.uk/pink-floy...cd-c2x38584676

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by neonknight View Post
    Is there any possibility that Hollywood Bowl was broadcast on the radio? See the claim here: https://www.progrock.co.uk/pink-floy...cd-c2x38584676
    Seems unlikely to me. I would have thought any broadcast of this show would have surfaced long before now. Hopefully they are not referring to some station broadcasting a boot recording of the show . . . .

Has there been any news/updates regarding the Jon Wizardo master being shared?
    Last edited by stratcat58; 2022-10-07 at 04:42 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stratcat58 View Post
    Seems unlikely to me. I would have thought any broadcast of this show would have surfaced long before now. Hopefully they are not referring to some station broadcasting a boot recording of the show . . . .

Has there been any news/updates regarding the Jon Wizardo master being shared?
    Whilst I agree that this does seem unlikely, the fact that the reviewer's piece otherwise contains some very detailed and specific information, gives some credence to his live broadcast claim. Also with it stated as being 'transmitted live', this would seem to rule out the possibility of broadcasting a boot.

I guess we will find out on 4 November when it is released.
    Last edited by Journey Man; 2022-10-07 at 07:07 PM.

Thanks

They do list the track times... I wonder if they match up with any of the versions we have here? That would be a way to eliminate it early. Haha

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Journey Man View Post
    I guess we will find out on 4 November when it is released.
    Any news on this one yet ??