Thread: Who needs information ?

Thanks

Default Who needs information ?

Hello fellow Floydians,
    I have been pondering for some time, what is the best source for the Floyds premiere of the Dark side of the moon?
    Audio or video.
    Since seeing a snippet of this on the official DVD of 'the making of'
    I have been trying to get a jolly good copy.

(Moan) why don't the floyd open the vaults and release some of this stuff?
    phew, it reall gets me most upset.

And, is their any Syd Barrett stuff still lurking somewhere?
    Does anyone have any gossip? Is their anything (cries out aloud to sky)
    no tastey morsels? I can't go on thinking thats all their is!!

Thanks

Default talk to my self

well, what a lot of silence.
    is it the voices in my head or am I talking to my self?

http://conspiracycentral.net:6969/

fill yer head, with voices

ps

yeeshkul you are the best, many thanks.
    used to download mp3's from your site, years ago.
    ahhh

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mysticlyminded
    .....why don't the floyd open the vaults and release some of this stuff?........

....is their any Syd Barrett stuff still lurking somewhere?
    Does anyone have any gossip? Is their anything (cries out aloud to sky)
    no tastey morsels? I can't go on thinking thats all their is!!
    My guess is that there are at least 2 good reasons we will never see older material the boys have in the vaults. One reason is money, there probably isn't interest by a record company to make it worthwhile. The other is that the boys feel it isn't up to their standards, which we know are very high. I just can't imagine them releasing a poorly shot concert film in this day and age. Anyway, we have the Live In Pompei film.......
    I think whatever is left of Syd's material that has never been released is of a very poor quality.When he was alive it made sense to release a few things just to give him an income. Now that he's gone I don't think we'll ever hear whatever out takes and demos are still left, if any.

That's what I think but I hope I'm wrong !

Thanks
    Thanked 3,527 Times in 147 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mysticlyminded
    Hello fellow Floydians,
    I have been pondering for some time, what is the best source for the Floyds premiere of the Dark side of the moon?Audio
    For the first official "full" performance, this is one. For the very first 'attempt', as it were, here you go....For the best Eclipse Suite recording; hmmmmm.....Too many for me to presume to begin to know what's the "best" one, but Platinum Crackers is a personal favourite.

Thanks

Default Platinum Crackers

mANY THANKS, ANYONE GOT THE PLATINUM CRACKERS TO SEED, WOULD BE MOST OBLIGIED

Thanks

Lets get the facts straight!!!!!

DSOTM in 1972 was a works in progress performance.

I recommend 2 must recordings........"Best of Tour 72" for the early performance.......then get a copy of Hollywood Bowl", Cracked , Crackers etc......for a later performance but still quite different from the early performances or the album. You will find a "hybrid" performance of "Mortality Sequence" and "Great Gig in the Sky".

You definately do not want the premere performance because the album was cut short due to a buzz in the audio system, Money was the last song from the performance of "Eclipse".

Thanks
    Thanked 3,527 Times in 147 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DPTRON
    Lets get the facts straight!!!!!

DSOTM in 1972 was a works in progress performance.

I recommend 2 must recordings........"Best of Tour 72" for the early performance.......then get a copy of Hollywood Bowl", Cracked , Crackers etc......for a later performance but still quite different from the early performances or the album. You will find a "hybrid" performance of "Mortality Sequence" and "Great Gig in the Sky".

You definately do not want the premere performance because the album was cut short due to a buzz in the audio system, Money was the last song from the performance of "Eclipse".

Also a "hybrid performance" of "On the Run" as 'Travel sequence'. Perhaps I misunderstood the request about the DSoTM Premiere as it was stated in the initial post. I personally believe the historic significance of the January 20 - The Dome, Brighton, Sussex, England premiere makes it a must have!

Thanks

Default I am you and what you see.............

Phew, many hands do light work.
    I was wondering if any full concert footage had appeared for Brighton Dome, as a snippet is in he making of dsotm, many thanksfor the info.
    Re syd's demise I would reccomend reading

Turn Off Your Mind-the Mystic 60's And The Dark Side Of The Age Of Aquarius -

It is little mentioned, except here that Syd was, like many 60's acid heads, messing with occult forces and was refused entry to some groups due to being too 'far out' who knows if he dabbled or divined too much and what he perceived, blew his mind??????????